Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The answer to this is most likely very simple and will make me seem like an idiot for gawking at my spoiler for a long time, but how do you get at those LEDs in the stock spoiler in a 95 GLE? I'm confused, thanks.

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
do you have a breaklight in the spoiler? If so you could probably replace it with an LED bar. However you may just see an aftermarket spoiler that looks OEM that has lights in it.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
HLBulldog said:
The answer to this is most likely very simple and will make me seem like an idiot for gawking at my spoiler for a long time, but how do you get at those LEDs in the stock spoiler in a 95 GLE? I'm confused, thanks.
The 1997 factory service manual shows a spoiler only for the 200SX. It has two screws on the underside of the spoiler holding the LED assembly. It looks like you must remove the spoiler to get to them.

Lew

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
HLBulldog said:
i believe it's OEM but there are no screws on the breaklight, do I just pry it out?

Remove the spoiler and they should be on the bottom holding the assembly in as Lew just said.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's the sit rep, i took of the spoiler and there are no screws on the brake light, the light is solid, any ideas?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
HLBulldog said:
Here's the sit rep, i took of the spoiler and there are no screws on the brake light, the light is solid, any ideas?
It's not a factory spoiler. Can you find a brand name or a part number anywhere on it?

Lew

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nope nothing, it's completely bare of any brands, it looks a lot like the stock nissan spoiler though, with the three support things. this spoiler is pissing me off, i need to replace all but three bulbs, ahhhh...

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
HLBulldog said:
nope nothing, it's completely bare of any brands, it looks a lot like the stock nissan spoiler though, with the three support things. this spoiler is pissing me off, i need to replace all but three bulbs, ahhhh...
yeah, I got the exact replica se-l spoiler off ebay it was like 60 bucks, however it doesn't have the breaklight, becuase I have one in my trunk.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Turns out you just pry of the bar, t'was held to the spoiler with some really strong adhesive. There wasn't an actual replacement for it but i found one that's close so that's in the mail, or will be. It's this one http://www.spoilerlights.com/lg2240clear.shtml, I'll have to remove those tabs and glue it on. Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts