Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
speeeeeddding tickets

do cops love the color red ? b/c i bought my car in january and since then i have received 4 traffic tickets. dont get me wrong . i was speeding but to get a ticket for doing 75 with the flow of traffic is a bit rediculous i was cruising in mild traffic at 75 there were no less than maybe 6 other cars in my sight and a couple along side 3 of the 4 tickets were given to me under the same circumstances . im fighting the violations. but has this happened to you???
under the law i was wrong but hey some tickets are not deserved but i guess thats what the guilty say.....
= )
attention sucks(sometimes)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a red SE-R Spec V and I got pulled over once for doing a big ass illegal U-turn in front of a Burbank Highway Patrol car. I know I shoulda looked. Damn turning radius of the SE-R is huge, 38 ft. My friend's '02 Xterra is 35 ft. But I digress...

Where you been caught speeding? And what time?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tickets

i live in l.a. on my way to work on the 2 freeway around 730am all 3 times where on the same freeway under same circumstances i cruise at 75 with cruies control i keep doing couse there are others going much faster then me. i keep at 65 for now i cant afford to loose my license but hey the judge has heard it all before my only bet that i have going for me is that the cops wont show up to the hearing. and the tickets will be dismissed... im aware of most speed traps on my route . but any ways it happens...

·
Registered
172 Posts
first to beat the speeding tickets either hire a shifty traffic lawyer this should run about 50 to 75 bucks. they are not hard to find just open the phone book and they are there. or check with the city county or state codes on the frequency of calibration of radar guns and laser units. most citys have in the books that a speed radar gun must be recalibrated at least once a year. the recipts for this are kept at city hall, or public records. and since this public information they cant stop you from loking at it. not calibrated as the law says no ticket also the road itself in most places has to be sanconed for radar or laser use. if its not no ticket. or reset the court date back as many times as you can till they wont let you do this. chances are very likely the officer wont show for a ticket that he wrote over a year before. just remember if you look like a punk they mess with you. if you look like a normal everyday person they ignore you. i did this huge burnout one day in traffic just messing around (being stupid) and i never saw the cop three cars behind me. i have to dress in a suit for work so when the light went green i just knew i had a nice $200 dollar ticket for being stupid. and the cop pulled up next to me looked over at me i looked at him smiled noded my head and did a half-assed wave ane he shook his head and took off. so its not what you do or dont its not the color of the car so much its how you look and the way you act to them i guess

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a way out

yeah thats what i hope happens that the cop wont show
im not a speed demon but i guess you can say im the guy you see on the freeway and ask your self
whyis he in a hurry. i ...
take it easy when i commute to work but the car is just to tempting to pass up... i let it breath and give it a dose of 45 to 55 hundred rpm just about every sunday . i have patition for all the extentions neccery its been almost 5 months since the first ticket im do back in courtin mid november when i will patition for 2 more months that will make it about 9 months so the cop might not show as for the other 2 i have some time before they are due i will pay if i have to but hey there is always a way out...
= )

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: tickets

Dizzzy said:
i live in l.a. on my way to work on the 2 freeway around 730am all 3 times where on the same freeway under same circumstances i cruise at 75 with cruies control i keep doing couse there are others going much faster then me.
Which freeways did you use? I also live in LA and just bought a 2003 yellow Spec V. My friends told me yellow car is cop magnet, so I'm worrying that I might get speeding ticket sooner or later. I always drive at 75mph and ocassionally 80mph and never got a ticket in my dull blue 91 Eclipse before.

·
Registered
323 Posts
one ticket one warning and one guy who just didn't care, the ticket was a 92 in 65, but my speedometer was off, 17 MPH to be exact and at 92 suprisingly it showed 65 (it pays to be good with electronics and setting your speedometer off) anyway I got it thrown out, then the second cop was actually someone I knew(small town) and it was only a 72 in a 55, the other well I can't remember what that was really. It's proven that red does attract people, drive in the slow lane, even if your going fast, it reduces the rate of attracting attention, unless you slame into someone.

·
Banned
118 Posts
...the whole "RED" thing...

Yeah man...that's defenitally true...

Pretty much the reason I sold my last car...:rolleyes:

How you dress matters too...but not as much...

Once he flips that light switch...forget it...you ain't talking you're way out of it.
....and good luck in court...you'll need it, with all the asshole burecrats around you...
And don't expect lineancy either...especially if you're young.

·
Registered
323 Posts
well age hurts you, I'm 18, but I'm going on my second company, so I dress up in one of my suits, my company is pretty much written along with wherever my name is, so I go in he ask about that, I put on a show and talk about that, and wear my glasses :) then that's that. It's odd the way perception works, you catch me at home and I'm in a pair of ragged jeans and a teeshirt, i show up to court like that and I'm looking at a hefty ticket, i dress up a little bit, drop off my business card and make small talk in front of the judge, throw on salesman charm and the stigma associated with being a teenager is gone like the wind. Hypocritical judicial system.

·
Banned
34 Posts
hey there was 3 fucking rucks infront of me, its 2 lanes now. SL is 55 and i was going 85 just to pass those fuckers. and guess what... i got 5 points on my drivers license and 175 dollars tickets and that was my first time getting pulled over by a bacon. second time was cuz i had those lights on my tires :p

·
I'm all bling bling now.
369 Posts
Hey I will admit my car is ugly. But you would thin if your car is 5 colors (dont ask) and you speed alot you would get many tickets over and over. Well I know how to talk my way out of tickets pretty damn well. I have been pulled over in my life time about 363 times. Now I have 6 tickets in my life time. 1 for StreetRaceing, and the others for speeding. I have been pulled over for many things. Cops dont like punk kids, or immature. Its not a matter of how you dress its a matterof how you act. If you give them too much respect, bad idea. Too little is bad also. You must also know your way around BSing and when to tell the truth.

·
Banned
34 Posts
SlowestRice said:
I have been pulled over in my life time about 363 times. Now I have 6 tickets in my life time. 1 for StreetRaceing, and the others for speeding. I have been pulled over for many things.

good for u man :p

·
Registered
86 Posts
speeding ticket

I have a silver spec v. I picked it up for the first time on a wednesday night and got pulled over for speeding thursday morning. I was only doing 42 in a 30 b/c of the 90 degreee turn ahead of me, and I got a warning. It seems like cops are just attracted to sporty cars.

·
Banned
118 Posts
I'll have to call bullshit on that one...

i show up to court like that and I'm looking at a hefty ticket, i dress up a little bit, drop off my business card and make small talk in front of the judge, throw on salesman charm and the stigma associated with being a teenager is gone like the wind. Hypocritical judicial system.

...small talk the Judge??? LOL ...yeah right...

Have you ever been to court????

And who are you going to drop your buissnes card off to???...the clerk of court...???

BTW: Dressing up in NOT necessarily a good thing...it depends on the Judge... If he sees you're as a rich, spoiled kid...or you look like one...he'll throw the book at you...

·
Registered
323 Posts
hagasan I'm not sure where you live but down here most of us know each other anyway, North Carolina isn't close to a New York or a L.A. Yes I have been to court and any judge who knows me knows I'm far from spoiled, I started my company as a sophomore in highschool and became self-sufficient ever since then, and dressing up has never hurt me I'll say that for sure, so if perhaps you've had bad experience concerning court and the judicial system that's all good and well but my method seems to work fine, dispite your view on it, and consider I have yet to aquire anything on record in relationship to moving violations I'd say I'm doing ok.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I hate to say this but it is COMMON knowledge that Red Sports Cars get pulled over more. I would imagine Yellow will also be a good attention getter. I love the red SpecV and did not buy it because I knew it would be ticket magnet. I got silver because it blends in with background colors the best. A good Radar Detector may help you some unless you live in VA.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts