Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On saturday i was on my way to the Mossy performance Nissan show in Oceanside and i heard that the fuel cutoff is at 109 MPH but on the way to Oceanside i hit 115 MPH with stock ECU. Does anyone think they know whats up with that?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
at a certain speed with a stock ECU the fuel cuts off so the car cant go any faster. its also called the governor

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the same thing happened to me too..........i hit about 112 on the highway........so is the 109 mph just a myth?????

·
Destroyer of Engines
561 Posts
I've heard that the speed limiter is 109 mph at least for the 1.6. I've also heard that some people's stock ECU don't seem to have a speed limiter.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
115 drop to 109

The speed limiter is set at 109.....it will let you increase to 115 but then will knock and hold you at 109.....then let you goto 115 again.....over and over........its a pain.....anyway to remove that?? while retaining stock ecu??? My friends eco-tec cavalier......you can put in a toggle switch from a yellow wire at the trans to turn it off......the speedo also turns off but it only goes to 110 so hes not missing any speed readings much higher......any way we can even with loss of speedo??

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK that makes sense.......thanks for the info.........the only way i know of to get rid of it is to buy an aftermarket ECU.... the JWT one comes to mind.......but $600 seems like a lot for a chip :(

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Ive also heard above 90 the tach gets kinda off by a little bit. Cause like the wind outside or something, and some other stuff, so youre going 109 but it may be reading 115, not sure though?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On my 1992 Nissan Sentra (Auto) I could hit 115 tops and it would knock me back to 109 (harshley at that.. i was going down a hill and almost had a wreck when it just stopped accelerating) :p. However I'd like to note that my 1995 Nissan Sentra (Stick) has absolutely no limiter.. at all. I've had the thing up to 126 and still accel strong (had to stop at that though b/c i ran out of straight away ;).. and there is NO WAY I'm taking a turn at 126 lol). So I dunno, but I thought I'd just throw in my two cents. However, It's probably also needed to mention I bought it from a guy who puts all kinds of turbos and aftermarket parts in (so who knows if he took the fuel cutoff out before I bought it). Anyway, just my information

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
1997 GA16DE said:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet. once you get into the higher speeds, the speedo will be off by a few. It is made to read out a speed that is faster than you are actually going. the governor stops right when the ECU sees 109 but your needle may be pointing somewhere between 110 and 120.
EXACTLY... !! Calibration could be a little off.. Tire size can also effect your speedometer reading... 109 is cut off...period..

·
Registered
205 Posts
Also have to consider the fact that speedometers (even the absolute best..analogue at least) are very innacurate above about 70's, good chance you were doing 110 instead of 115, maybe even less, heh

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
yeah i got pulled over in my 91 sentra, the speedo said 110 and the cop said i was going 97.

·
Registered
139 Posts
haha for some resion i have never been able to find enough rode to get my 200 up to 109 hah fastest i ever got it was 103 and it took me forever to get there hmm maby my new HS CIA will help that!!!!!!!

·
G14 CLASSIFIED!!!!
763 Posts
123 stock ecu...

Firts week I had the car I had to take a trip accross the mountains to moses lake. Comming down the pass near vantage I decided to open her up. I was heading down and was in forth when I hit 120, shifted into 5th and everything cutt off. No power brakes, no power stearing, and I was scared shitty. I down shifted and poped it into gear and the thing would turn over. I coasted down to the vantage exit fighting with the stearing and brakes finaly just hit the ebrake and slide to a stop. got out popped the hood and nothing, Jumped on the phone called the dealer ship and started to bitch them out untill they explained to me that there was a govenor on the car. I was so pissed........

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
damn...thats some scary shit!!! but does anyone know how much a JWT ECU would cost around so i dont have to worry about the governor:cool:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Re: 123 stock ecu...

ScorchN200SX said:
Firts week I had the car I had to take a trip accross the mountains to moses lake. Comming down the pass near vantage I decided to open her up. I was heading down and was in forth when I hit 120, shifted into 5th and everything cutt off. No power brakes, no power stearing, and I was scared shitty. I down shifted and poped it into gear and the thing would turn over. I coasted down to the vantage exit fighting with the stearing and brakes finaly just hit the ebrake and slide to a stop. got out popped the hood and nothing, Jumped on the phone called the dealer ship and started to bitch them out untill they explained to me that there was a govenor on the car. I was so pissed........
Maybe your car cut off.......thats the only time ps and pb cuts. I hit my governor and my car shut off. Had to throw it in neutral and start the car while goin 90. Started up and continued driving down the freeway.....lovin texas huge ass highways =)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts