Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
RB26DETT_4_ME said:
yeah but who the fuck wants to be seen driving one
I would, I'd look over at the little honda rice boy sitting next to me revving at a light and be like, "that's right, srt-4 bitch, back up" :D

Seriously though, what do you have against neons? Did one kill a member of your family or something? Sure I don't like the looks of them, but I care much much more about the performance of a car than the looks. I'll take a 400whp det-swapped 240 over a 350z any day. Sure it doesn't look as nice, but it would be one badass car. The srt is the same way, and you have no basis for your claims that the car won't last. Have you seen an srt-4 blow it's engine yet? Well neither have I. There is nothing to show us that it will be unreliable, only time will tell.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Adam said:
How many SRT-4's have you serviced then? Specificly for catastrophic engine failure of some kind.
None. Luckily I don't have to work that hard anymore. Just speaking from previous experiance with a lot of toasted mitsubishi turbo engines and friends/coworkers who have or have had troubled neons.

Sorry to keep pissing you guys off, but I'm on the Nissan forums for a reason.....I like Nissans. And I see you guy have them too. So if this new dodge product is the shit then someone go buy it so we can hear from an actual owner.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
se7enty7 said:
.....Your just being a little pissy whining little girl who won't accept that the srt-4 is what the 'smaller car import community' has cried for.. a small FAST car, with everything you need - nothing you don't.. for a good price......
that's funny i could have sworn that a neon was NOT an "import car" :rolleyes: IN MY OPINION (i guess according to some people i have to state this before i say shit cause they dont understand the whole point of a forum) The stupid neon fits in the same catagory as the stupid cavalier. They are the main reasons why there is a "Sport Compact" scene, they have thier own magazine, which i read religiously, that includes cars from all parts of the planet. But do you think you will ever see a modified neon in the pages of Import Tuner? NO cuz it's MADE IN AMERICA. just my 2 cents so dont get too upset about it okay, again i genuinely apologize if i offended anybody.

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
88 Pulsar SE said:
Sorry to keep pissing you guys off, but I'm on the Nissan forums for a reason.....I like Nissans. And I see you guy have them too.
Well sure most of us here have Nissans, and many of us have strong ties to Nissan, but there is a big difference between loyalty and downright ignorance and blindness. The srt is a great car, cheap, powerful, exactly what this market needs for people like us, there is no disputing that. If it isn't your cup of tea, then that's cool and you have every right to say so, but blatantly saying "I guarantee you could rod the shit out of a Spec every day and have it last over 100k miles easy as long as you maintain the fucker. But that "Neon Turbo" aka SRT-4 wouldn't last say, 30-50k before having nothing left internally" has no basis and just makes you sound ignorant and stupid (not you specifically, I know you didn't say it, I'm just using it as an example).

·
Registered
99 Posts
se7enty7 said:
RB26:

As far as Dodge reliability.. I've owned 3.. 1 was a P.O.S. (Chrysler LeBaron..) the other two were great. My girlfriend has an 88 Dodge Daytona Pacifica (2.2 liter turbo.. what the srt-4 is 'somewhat' modeled after) and the odometer stopped working at 198k. Yeah.. 198k.... and that was THREE years ago.

What was that about reliability?? Yeah.. that's what I thought.

Your just being a little pissy whining little girl who won't accept that the srt-4 is what the 'smaller car import community' has cried for.. a small FAST car, with everything you need - nothing you don't.. for a good price.

Your just jealous.

Also - to whoever was whining about one wheel peel... What's the 0-60 spec of the srt-4? Go look at that.. and then go look at how it would leave your spec-v (with two wheels burnouts..) in the dust. You'd be spinning the two fronts watching the back of the srt-4 LEAVE you..
Reliability?? Yeah..that's what I thought?????You talk about four vehicles and one was a POS....3 out of 4 doesn't sound like very good odds to me.

What? " the 'smaller car import community' has cried for".....a big three car import? Import cars are cool, big three cars suck

I drive my car to have fun not to be the fastest. If you know the 0 to 60 times of these vehicles then post them!

The whole point is Nissan rules

·
Registered
2 Posts
The SRT-4 is a Neon...... Just like the SRT-10 is a Ram Truck, SVT Cobra is a Mustang, SVT Lightning is a F-150

The EVO does have a warranty.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
sr20dem0n said:
Well sure most of us here have Nissans, and many of us have strong ties to Nissan, but there is a big difference between loyalty and downright ignorance and blindness. The srt is a great car, cheap, powerful, exactly what this market needs for people like us, there is no disputing that. If it isn't your cup of tea, then that's cool and you have every right to say so, but blatantly saying "I guarantee you could rod the shit out of a Spec every day and have it last over 100k miles easy as long as you maintain the fucker. But that "Neon Turbo" aka SRT-4 wouldn't last say, 30-50k before having nothing left internally" has no basis and just makes you sound ignorant and stupid (not you specifically, I know you didn't say it, I'm just using it as an example).
most of what you say is true, .....what can i say, i like to talk shit..... besides that, work, and girls. what else am i supposed to do :rolleyes: drink beer? :D

~~~Hey look, this is what you get when a WRX fucks a Neon.
well, the neon was probably a crack whore/alchoholic throughout the pregnancy and some how one of the WRX's slow sperms made it to the egg first.

Lucky for the Neon, the "Turbo" gene got passed on.
:D

·
Registered
549 Posts
.None. Luckily I don't have to work that hard anymore. Just speaking from previous experiance with a lot of toasted mitsubishi turbo engines and friends/coworkers who have or have had troubled neons.

Sorry to keep pissing you guys off, but I'm on the Nissan forums for a reason.....I like Nissans. And I see you guy have them too. So if this new dodge product is the shit then someone go buy it so we can hear from an actual owner.

Or how about not being a brand nazi. Or not flaming something that is brand new to the market and give it sometime to test the quality instead of making assumptions and looking like a dumbass

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
RB26DETT_4_ME said:
.....what can i say, i like to talk shit..... besides that, work, and girls. what else am i supposed to do :rolleyes: drink beer? :D

sounds good! got any you want to share?? :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Rama said:
Or how about not being a brand nazi. Or not flaming something that is brand new to the market and give it sometime to test the quality instead of making assumptions and looking like a dumbass.
Who is looking like a dumbass? I guess it's just me and my partner rb26. The best part of the whole thing is that I think we are the only ones on this thread that work for NISSAN.

·
Registered
549 Posts
you work for nissan so what you want a cookie? still doesnt give a basis for what you said about a car that is new its quality now the looks to each his own eye of the beholder type shit but to start bashing something that not many have had extensive time with is just as dumb dodge threw something on the table whether or not its worthy is something that will be told in time we'll see how worthy it is but right now is kind of dumb to say alot of the things that have been said.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Something that is pretty funny though that this thread started out about a SpecV vs a RSX Type-S and now has turned into an SRT-4 Thread weird

·