Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
chimmike said:
once again, you will NOT find NEON written ANYWHERE on the srt-4. it is NOT a neon.

And yes, I think the SRT4 is a badass car. It'll smoke your accord, your spec V, your SI, your RSX-S, whatever. All for 19g.
yeah but who the fuck wants to be seen driving one

and yes it IS a NEON damit! i dont care what they call it. I could put a FWD Northstar V8 in my accord and it would still be an accord.

You get what you pay for, there is a reason the price tag is so low. Plus that engine has yet to pass the test. Yes it put more power to the wheels than dodge even advertised at the crank but how long will it last. i guarantee you could rod the shit out of a Spec every day and have it last over 100k miles easy as long as you maintain the fucker. But that "Neon Turbo" aka SRT-4 wouldn't last say, 30-50k before having nothing left internally. anyway bottom line its a Mopar product.

dude why dont you go play on neonforums.com

SRT= Slow Retarded Turd

·
Registered
99 Posts
SRT-4 is a neon that's moded from the factory. Soon you will see neons around with body kits and shit posing as SRT-4s......what'll you bet? Everyone should know of the problems with dodges and durability. I'm with RB26DETT_4_ME on the thought that this turbo neon will only go around 50K or so if you run it hard. Plus in the miles before the explosion....oil leaks, head gaskets, engine mounts, and don't forget those pesky little electrical problems! One more thing, my spec isn't the fastest, but I smoke BOTH front tires.

1,267 Posts
You get what you pay for, there is a reason the price tag is so low. Plus that engine has yet to pass the test. Yes it put more power to the wheels than dodge even advertised at the crank but how long will it last. i guarantee you could rod the shit out of a Spec every day and have it last over 100k miles easy as long as you maintain the fucker. But that "Neon Turbo" aka SRT-4 wouldn't last say, 30-50k before having nothing left internally. anyway bottom line its a Mopar product.
God, this is the most ignorent thing I've ever heard. Do you have any idea how much experience dodge has with turbo cars??? Why don't you do a little research first. I can almost gaurentee that this engine will have no more problems than any new engine first coming out on the market.
Also, don't you realize they have a 7 year 70,000 mile warentee?? Shit you could only be so lucky to blow up your engine at 50,000 miles cause then you can get a new one, but it's not going to happen anyway so it doesn't matter.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
88 Pulsar SE said:
SRT-4 is a neon that's moded from the factory. Soon you will see neons around with body kits and shit posing as SRT-4s......what'll you bet? Everyone should know of the problems with dodges and durability. I'm with RB26DETT_4_ME on the thought that this turbo neon will only go around 50K or so if you run it hard. Plus in the miles before the explosion....oil leaks, head gaskets, engine mounts, and don't forget those pesky little electrical problems! One more thing, my spec isn't the fastest, but I smoke BOTH front tires.
I can't believe the ignorance on this forum, really.

the engine in the SRT4 is not brand new. it is one of the most reliable car engines dodge ever built! Hell, it's similar to those in the mitsubishi Starion, if I'm not mistaken. Anyways........the turbo neon will far outlast 50,000 miles. Plus, it has the 70k powertrain warranty.

what's that? That's right, your favorite, the EVO....DOES NOT HAVE A WARRANTY!

Once again, I can't believe the ignorance on this forum.
If you know nothing about the SRT4, never drove it, etc.

SHUT THE FUCK UP.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
Adam said:
God, this is the most ignorent thing I've ever heard. Do you have any idea how much experience dodge has with turbo cars??? Why don't you do a little research first. I can almost gaurentee that this engine will have no more problems than any new engine first coming out on the market.
Also, don't you realize they have a 7 year 70,000 mile warentee?? Shit you could only be so lucky to blow up your engine at 50,000 miles cause then you can get a new one, but it's not going to happen anyway so it doesn't matter.
thank you Adam, together we attempt to supress the ignorance here.

is it ignorance though, or is it JEALOUSY? I mean, rb26 drives a 93 accord. you think if someone was gonna give him an srt4 he'd turn it down? Hell fuckin no.

1,267 Posts
chimmike said:

is it ignorance though, or is it JEALOUSY? I mean, rb26 drives a 93 accord. you think if someone was gonna give him an srt4 he'd turn it down? Hell fuckin no.
I don't know, but it certainly makes us look bad to others that may be reading this. A word of advice guys, think about what you type before you go through with it, consider doing research so you don't look like a moron
kthxby :rolleyes:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
chimmike said:

but would i drive it? hell fuckin no

i sell that bitch and build my Top Secret Sylvia. you guys wish you were as cool as me.:cool:

chill out [email protected] I just think neons are ugly, cheap, piles of scrap!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Oh my god, How many on this thread have worked or are working in a shop now? How many have friends that work at the dodge dealer? And better yet worked on any neons? And best yet are even fucking mechanics? Without being there in the field you don't know about a lot of shit?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Chimmike in another thread- "what's the point of this thread?????? There will always be haters, don't let it bother you. Prove them wrong."

For the record, I'm an SRT-4 supporter, I like it, but if someone has differing opinions who cares? And I am wondering about the reliability.

The EVO has no warranty? What the ****

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
chimmike said:
I can't believe the ignorance on this forum, really.

the engine in the SRT4 is not brand new. I'm mistaken. Anyways........the turbo neon will not last 50,000 miles. But, it has a 70k powertrain warranty.

what's that? That's right, your favorite, the EVO....DOES NOT HAVE A WARRANTY!
why dont you call Tommi Makinen and ask him about the warranty on the EVO. The thing is buildt to be a rally car dude. where as the SRTurd is built to make Ricky Racer think he got a "good deal" on his "fast" new car. Who do you suppose dodge's target for marketing the SRT is? lets try... your general 18-25 year old american male wannabe race car driver. Oops, i fit into that catagory.....

·