Nissan Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpecV vs. RSX Type-S

5K views 61 replies 17 participants last post by  stealthb14 
#1 ·
Well.....? I have been seeing a lot of "used" but "new" less than 20k mile Acura RSX Type-S's on ebay for sale for about the price of a new SpecV. The RSX already gets one point(1) from me for being a "honda", it gets another point(2) for being faster, it gets another(3) for interior design -seats-dash-shifter-leather, its lighter(4), its a 2 door 4 seater(5) Well.....?

http://www.car-videos.com/performance/view.asp?ID1=5&ID2=115

http://www.specplace.com/

#4 ·
#6 ·
Um.....a couple of counterpoints.....

1) The RSX-S is NOT lighter than the Spec V. They are almost identical. The base weight for both is around 2740lbs, and with typical options both sit at 2800lbs.

2) While the RSX S IS ultimately faster, the Spec V DOES have a more flexible engine (far more low end grunt), which factors in VERY nicely for autocross and track events (not so much in a staight line).

3) The interior......well everyone has their own opinion, but have you ever sat in a Spec V? The seats are VERY nice (almost as good as my B13), and things are actually pretty ergonomic and easy to use.

4) The Spec V WILL outhandle the RSX S in stock form (slightly). Not a huge difference, and it doesn't have quite the precision of the Type S due to it's unsophisticated real axle, but it WILL outstick the Acura, and match it under brakes. Combine this with the flexible engine, and you have a nice autocross champ. Not to mention the LSD ;)

Just thought I'd add in a few things.

#7 ·
i own a 03 spec v that ive had for 2 weeks. I love the car. The price was great for the performance aspect, as for reliability in the sentra ill have to wait it out and see. I owned a 01 civic and put alot into it but it just wasnt fast. I would go with the rsx its just a better all around car.

#11 ·
I'd go for a brand new car over even a SLIGHTLY used one anytime. As for performance, the SpecV has often been favorably compared to the old Integra, and should be more than an even match for the RSX down any twisty, with a wilder feel.

I do agree, though, that the RSX is a DAMN sexy car... but 3000 bucks sexier? hmmm...

#13 ·
niky said:
I'd go for a brand new car over even a SLIGHTLY used one anytime. As for performance, the SpecV has often been favorably compared to the old Integra, and should be more than an even match for the RSX down any twisty, with a wilder feel.

I do agree, though, that the RSX is a DAMN sexy car... but 3000 bucks sexier? hmmm...
Way more than 3000. More like 4000-6000.

#18 ·
se7enty7 said:
You have a 93 accord and your calling a neon ugly?
that's really stupid of you to say. but i suppose "bad taste" is just a matter of opinion. But seriously though, do you know really think neons are "cool" cars?

and dont talk shit about my 4dr family sedan that was built 10 years ago okay, just because its a honda you feel like you gotta say some shit dont you

#19 ·
once again, you will NOT find NEON written ANYWHERE on the srt-4. it is NOT a neon.

And yes, I think the SRT4 is a badass car. It'll smoke your accord, your spec V, your SI, your RSX-S, whatever. All for 19g.

#21 ·
chimmike said:
once again, you will NOT find NEON written ANYWHERE on the srt-4. it is NOT a neon.

And yes, I think the SRT4 is a badass car. It'll smoke your accord, your spec V, your SI, your RSX-S, whatever. All for 19g.
yeah but who the fuck wants to be seen driving one

and yes it IS a NEON damit! i dont care what they call it. I could put a FWD Northstar V8 in my accord and it would still be an accord.

You get what you pay for, there is a reason the price tag is so low. Plus that engine has yet to pass the test. Yes it put more power to the wheels than dodge even advertised at the crank but how long will it last. i guarantee you could rod the shit out of a Spec every day and have it last over 100k miles easy as long as you maintain the fucker. But that "Neon Turbo" aka SRT-4 wouldn't last say, 30-50k before having nothing left internally. anyway bottom line its a Mopar product.

dude why dont you go play on neonforums.com

SRT= Slow Retarded Turd

#22 ·
SRT-4 is a neon that's moded from the factory. Soon you will see neons around with body kits and shit posing as SRT-4s......what'll you bet? Everyone should know of the problems with dodges and durability. I'm with RB26DETT_4_ME on the thought that this turbo neon will only go around 50K or so if you run it hard. Plus in the miles before the explosion....oil leaks, head gaskets, engine mounts, and don't forget those pesky little electrical problems! One more thing, my spec isn't the fastest, but I smoke BOTH front tires.

#24 ·
You get what you pay for, there is a reason the price tag is so low. Plus that engine has yet to pass the test. Yes it put more power to the wheels than dodge even advertised at the crank but how long will it last. i guarantee you could rod the shit out of a Spec every day and have it last over 100k miles easy as long as you maintain the fucker. But that "Neon Turbo" aka SRT-4 wouldn't last say, 30-50k before having nothing left internally. anyway bottom line its a Mopar product.
God, this is the most ignorent thing I've ever heard. Do you have any idea how much experience dodge has with turbo cars??? Why don't you do a little research first. I can almost gaurentee that this engine will have no more problems than any new engine first coming out on the market.
Also, don't you realize they have a 7 year 70,000 mile warentee?? Shit you could only be so lucky to blow up your engine at 50,000 miles cause then you can get a new one, but it's not going to happen anyway so it doesn't matter.

#25 ·
88 Pulsar SE said:
SRT-4 is a neon that's moded from the factory. Soon you will see neons around with body kits and shit posing as SRT-4s......what'll you bet? Everyone should know of the problems with dodges and durability. I'm with RB26DETT_4_ME on the thought that this turbo neon will only go around 50K or so if you run it hard. Plus in the miles before the explosion....oil leaks, head gaskets, engine mounts, and don't forget those pesky little electrical problems! One more thing, my spec isn't the fastest, but I smoke BOTH front tires.
I can't believe the ignorance on this forum, really.

the engine in the SRT4 is not brand new. it is one of the most reliable car engines dodge ever built! Hell, it's similar to those in the mitsubishi Starion, if I'm not mistaken. Anyways........the turbo neon will far outlast 50,000 miles. Plus, it has the 70k powertrain warranty.

what's that? That's right, your favorite, the EVO....DOES NOT HAVE A WARRANTY!

Once again, I can't believe the ignorance on this forum.
If you know nothing about the SRT4, never drove it, etc.

SHUT THE FUCK UP.

#26 ·
Adam said:
God, this is the most ignorent thing I've ever heard. Do you have any idea how much experience dodge has with turbo cars??? Why don't you do a little research first. I can almost gaurentee that this engine will have no more problems than any new engine first coming out on the market.
Also, don't you realize they have a 7 year 70,000 mile warentee?? Shit you could only be so lucky to blow up your engine at 50,000 miles cause then you can get a new one, but it's not going to happen anyway so it doesn't matter.
thank you Adam, together we attempt to supress the ignorance here.

is it ignorance though, or is it JEALOUSY? I mean, rb26 drives a 93 accord. you think if someone was gonna give him an srt4 he'd turn it down? Hell fuckin no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.