Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and my friend went up to epping a couple weeks ago and we ended racing each other he has an intake and exhaust as did i his was an auto and needless to say even with my crappy time i still beat him by 2 seconds twice the second time i even gave him a head start

·
Registered
379 Posts
Not surprising. If you didn't get a lead on him then something would be wrong. My friend and I would often go to the local drag strip just to race the later n/a Prelude SHs and Integra GSRs just to humble them with decade old SE-Rs.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Hawaii_SE-R said:
Not surprising. If you didn't get a lead on him then something would be wrong. My friend and I would often go to the local drag strip just to race the later n/a Prelude SHs and Integra GSRs just to humble them with decade old SE-Rs.
nice..always great to hear a classic busting out a nice can of WOOP-ASS! :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
I drive a 1992 prelude with H23 engine, and i raced my friend's B14 and we had a pretty good race. From 1st to begining of the 4th gear around 3000 rpm we were dead even, and we didnt keep racing after that. Yes prelude are slow, but i wondering can an automatic spec V beat a prelude by 2 sec, because i also raced another spec V, and i believe it was MT and he beat me by a 1/2 of a car.

·
Registered
74 Posts
just so i have this straight... you guys are killin' SH's and GSR's in your B13 and B14 se-r's?? Wow, now I really can't wait to get my hands on one!!!

-Carlos
Drivin' an old Bimmer, but switchin' to a B13 SE-R as soon as I find one for sale.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sure, it's possible pretty easily with mods. Stock, I don't think a B13 SE-R is quite as fast as a GSR or an SH... but it's very close. With a couple breather mods (cold air intake, header), a B13 SE-R can spank a GSR or an SH. Breather mods do quite a bit for the SR20 motor. If you want to start spanking V8s with more regularity, add an ECU and cams from JWT and an exhaust system... and if you want, a set of underdrive pullies which free up a couple HP.

And then of course there's the buttloads of turbo potential with the SR20 motor... heh. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
GSR and SH are only good when its with a good driver. they are fast only when the driver can keep the Vtec goin each time they shift. but hey zak91, r u sure an sr20 with just those little mod would be able to even keep up with an v8? and i heard the pullies doesnt help too much on the se-r. maybe it can spank a v8 but... that depends what kind?

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, it depends on the V8. It wouldn't help much against a newer Z28 or 2000+ Mustang GT, but it definitely would against an older GT, or a Camaro with the older 305. I was able to spank a 305-powered Camaro in my NX2000 when its only mods were a header, CAI and a muffler. The pullies free up a few HP.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts