Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my name is Pete my buddies call me Pedro. I've been Djing for 5-6yrs., :hal: skateboarded all my life(only one serious injury), and I love cars, mostly imports.

I need some advice,and some answers from the Spec V owners point of veiw. I've only test drove the SE-R model , No dealership around has one in :rolleyes:

How does the ride compare to the Se-r model, or don't compare?

Does the 05 spec v's have the qr25 motor, if not what's the model #?

Is there a turbo charger for 05 spec v's?

I'm looking to maker over 250 horses, and 275+ torque. What ways can I make this power? Do I have to TurboCharge? Is there a supercharger?

I really like the Spec V sentra, I've been looking at Tiburon's, Lancers, and mazda3's. I keep thinking about the Spec V w/six speed, AutomaticValveTiming Adjustment feature, and the Air Intakes variable inlet tracks. Intake will be taken out immediately, and replaced w/CAI, but I like the features. Please give me your input on mods, and buying a 05 spec v.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought an 05 Spec-V and i love it so much. it comes stock with 175hp and 180- 185 tourqe. no turbo charger but with the qr25 motor it has many conpays that are making turbos for the car.. Theres a couple of models to look at. theres the Nismo model that comes with exhaust and cai and a few other items.. the other model has the Rockaford Fosgate pakage and a sunroof ( which i got) i found it that i can upgrade to the performance later.. i wanted to hav the sound system alread built in that way i wouldnt hav to do that much later with that. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to another dealership and test drove the Se-r again after I've driven in the tiburon Gt, Mazada3, the GTI was a little out of my range($20K). I love the feel off the line, they weren't lying about the torque, descent suspension & handling. I almost went with the Se-r model. I can only assume that the Spec V will be better in all of these areas, and It has a "6 speed".

When I was talking with the salesman he said that I could only get ABS if I got the sunroof,and Radio package, or maybe it was just one or the other. I couldn't just get ABS without an accessorie. I thought that was a little messed up.

I will have me a 05' Spec V in the beginning of May:)

Also I saw a turbo kit on turbokits.com for 02-up Spec V's . They rate it a 225- 265 whp at various psi levels. Does this sound right,and the price is like 5,000 check it out let me know what you think.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
05SpecVicious said:
I went to another dealership and test drove the Se-r again after I've driven in the tiburon Gt, Mazada3, the GTI was a little out of my range($20K). I love the feel off the line, they weren't lying about the torque, descent suspension & handling. I almost went with the Se-r model. I can only assume that the Spec V will be better in all of these areas, and It has a "6 speed".

When I was talking with the salesman he said that I could only get ABS if I got the sunroof,and Radio package, or maybe it was just one or the other. I couldn't just get ABS without an accessorie. I thought that was a little messed up.

I will have me a 05' Spec V in the beginning of May:)

Also I saw a turbo kit on turbokits.com for 02-up Spec V's . They rate it a 225- 265 whp at various psi levels. Does this sound right,and the price is like 5,000 check it out let me know what you think.
The Spec V is a superior car to all those listed. The PTI (Power Tech Imports) kit is the only kit I would trust other than a kit that the guys who mod my car could make. The PTI kit makes in the ballpark of 270 WHP. Superchargers are in development from multiple companies but are unlikely to come into production. It has been tried before and never suceeded. 200+ WHP N/A Specs do exist. There are all motor Specs that can keep with Evo 8s. They are rare, have more than traditional bolt ons and require a lot of custom work. Some people also choose to run nitrous oxide, up to a 75 shot is safe.

The Spec V and SE-R both have the QR25DE and dyno at about 140-155 WHP depending on the trim and the engine itself (the QRs vary slightly in power believe it or not). Obviously the manual dynos higher. The Spec has bigger wheels (17x7) with Z rated tyres (better grip and a bit more rough of a ride), a 6 speed, a different suspension, 10 extra horsepower (not WHP), a different interior, and a sticker. The sunroof will add weight to your car and hurt structural rigidy. The system is not all that impressive, but not bad for a sub 20 grand car. I have always hated ABS; getting it is your call tho. What the dealer said was correct, you have to buy one to get another. The Brembo brake kit is nice, but for a grand you can go a lot nicer in aftermarket. Side airbags make your insurance go down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts