Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the local autoX last weekend which I didn't get to run in. :( BUT there was a Spec V there that was REALLY quick. He had some of the best times of the day and the car was totally stock. It's really funny to watch that car run because the inside rear wheel lifts on EVERY corner. Blame the solid rear axle. Anyways I just thought I would share this with you guys.

·
Driver
736 Posts
I've seen two Specs at the local auto-x's, and while they're faster than me and my car(seven events under my belt), they aren't near the front of the pack.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Spec V

First time at an autocross today but my fifth fun run in a car was in a Spec V. Mind you, I had ridden in a lot of other cars that day (Boxster S, Z28, 2.5RS, Miata).
This Spec V (driven well) was VERY fast! It felt a lot more smooth through the course than anything else and the times were easily faster than 75% of the cars there. This was stock! I just wish those things didn't have a 6200 rev limit (how low!).

Well, there's my .02

·
Registered
18 Posts
Driver= 90%+

I can understand that you would beat Spec V's with your car. The guy who drove the Spec V I was in definitely wasn't a rookie and that makes a lot of difference. I guess I was just impressed with the performance of the car. Never been in one and my expectations weren't too high.

·
Driver
736 Posts
I don't know...you think it's still 90% driver when you have a stock-suspensioned automatic 1.6l B14 and are running against Spec Vs and RSX Type Ss?

E

·
0 Posts
It's true about 90% driver. I have beaten plenty of cars that are much faster than my car. At my last event a friend of mine was, I guess happy he beat me, he was driving a Honda S2000! He only beat me by a few tenths of a second. 240hp rear wheel drive 5spd vs 110hp front wheel drive automatic............and he barely beat me. You tell me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts