Nissan Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spec-V vs. SRT-4

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  chimmike 
#1 ·
Since the other thread was closed for being off topic....

In my opinion the spec-v is a great car, with a great company standing behind it.

As far as durability.. iirc isn't mopar coming out with 3 different stages for the srt-4? isn't the max one pushing over 300hp? I would think if it would hold that kind of power.. then at stock power it should be fine.. right?

#6 ·
7\70 is very nice especially if you drive it like you stole it! Mine came with 3\36 but I extended it for the life of the loan because the next installment of all new SVT Cobra's will be comming out around then. A new motor for my car is $13K complete:eek:

#7 ·
Shanker said:
7\70 is very nice especially if you drive it like you stole it! Mine came with 3\36 but I extended it for the life of the loan because the next installment of all new SVT Cobra's will be comming out around then. A new motor for my car is $13K complete:eek:
Although judging from early '02 owners' reactions, it's not cool to have your car in the shop all the time, even if it is covered under warranty. You have to drive a crappy rental, and in some cases, like burning oil or crunchy tranny, they won't do anything since the car still runs.

#10 ·
se7enty7 said:
as much as I love my 200sx, I think i might wait until the srt-4 is out a year, and buy it. I was going to go for a spec.. but the srt-4 is so damn enticing..
Enticing my ass, all you Mopar Neon boys need to get the hell out of here. and dont say shit about me driving a Honda. I've had it for 3 years and i got a good deal on it. As soon as I can I will buy something else, what that is will depend on the $$$ situation at the time. I am definately going RWD for my daily driver though, probly a S14 + boost. If i could buy a RWD Integra I would!!! Neon's Suck D!ck.

#11 ·
Get an '03 Cobra then call Amazon racing and tell them you want to run 10's. <$3K later you will.

#12 ·
Shanker said:
Get an '03 Cobra then call Amazon racing and tell them you want to run 10's. <$3K later you will.
what's up with that? mass producing the '03 Cobra was the best thing Ford has done in a while, it allowed them to put a $30k price tag on it. A Cobra is the only Ford car i would ever drive. i'm confused about the new Mach 1 and then their going to completely change the mustang for '05? oh well, who cares anyway, enuff of this domestic V8 talk. I did like the previous models body style better though, the hood, bumpers, and stuff. Do the new cobras still have the 32valve DOHC high revver or did ford phuck that up too.

hold on to your seats
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2416411441&category=6236

#13 ·
RB26DETT_4_ME said:
Enticing my ass, all you Mopar Neon boys need to get the hell out of here. and dont say shit about me driving a Honda. I've had it for 3 years and i got a good deal on it. As soon as I can I will buy something else, what that is will depend on the $$$ situation at the time. I am definately going RWD for my daily driver though, probly a S14 + boost. If i could buy a RWD Integra I would!!! Neon's Suck D!ck.

alright noob. We all know how much you know about cars.

See.............those of us who know what we are talking about don't discriminate.

Dodge had the balls to make a car that our age demo could afford. They made it faster than anything new in its price range, and they did it with a little style.

I don't hate on honda because they've made some damn good, damn fast cars. I don't hate on dodge because my family has owned a few, and now owns a hemi quad cab ram. I know good cars when i see them, and ESPECIALLY when I drive them.

even if you hate neons, go drive the SRT4 and learn what everyone else is talking about.

#14 ·
chimmike said:
alright noob. We all know how much you know about cars.

See.............those of us who know what we are talking about don't discriminate.

Dodge had the balls to make a car that our age demo could afford. They made it faster than anything new in its price range, and they did it with a little style.

I don't hate on honda because they've made some damn good, damn fast cars. I don't hate on dodge because my family has owned a few, and now owns a hemi quad cab ram. I know good cars when i see them, and ESPECIALLY when I drive them.

even if you hate neons, go drive the SRT4 and learn what everyone else is talking about.
huh...?

I'm sorry guys. I guess maybe a little bit it's growin on me. I like the new look a whole lot better. Not to say that looks are everything, but they can go a long way. So does performance though. The engine does make awesome power! & it comes stock with heavy duty clutch and tranny. The brakes are great, the struts are Tokico, I like dodge's choice of going 5-spd rather than 6, cause it will do 0-60 in just over 5 seconds and still tops out at 150mph. I do realize that i haven't been giving this car any respect what-so-ever. I just have a hard time getting over the 2 main factors. 1. It's a Mopar product. 2. It's a Neon. Which in all of my past experiences and opinions is Garbage. So try not to take it so badly, and i'll do my best to try not to dish it out so much. Awe what the hell, It did get Sport Compact Car of the Year!

By the way, to all you "nissan" guys out there; what ever happened to brand loyalty. You're all pretty quick to jump ship from one that is definately NOT sinking(ie. nissan) onto one that floats up a different creek.
k im done

~~~Hey look, this is what you get when a WRX fucks a Neon.
well, the neon was probably a crack whore/alchoholic throughout the pregnancy and some how one of the WRX's slow sperms made it to the egg first.

Lucky for the Neon, the "Turbo" gene got passed on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.