Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know these questions are stupiid but has anyone raced a RSX Type S with their Spec V. Would it be a close race or just a kill. The Spec V has lest HP but lots more torque. Im really thinkin about gettin one, but should i wait for the 03 model and when is the 03 comin out.
peace

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok IM gonna get shit for this but this is an honest asessment...I have raced a couple of Spec V's especially one of my friends who when I got my type S talked a lot of crap. I beat all of them...Spev V is a great car dont get me wrong but the Type S is just flat out faster. Dont care what you read in car and driver ect...Spec V is a 14.9-15.0 1/4 mile in good conditions and the Type S is 14.6-14.7 ( same as the type R)..even though I have driven many R's and I feel the S is faster than the type R.. Spev V torque advantage is good for getting off the line...but remember after that the Torque adv...is gone. Torque is great cause you feel the power more but more torque doesnt getyou lower times at the track. I can go on forever on how great these two cars are..I almost bought a Spec V..The S is just a little bit more mature looking of a car. Bottom line Spec V is a great value there is no car w/ more for 18K.....Type S is also a great car and there is alot of HP from basic boltons waiting...tests have shown 12.5 whp Injen CAI, I believe I saw a test w/ DC headers for 8 whp and Hondata is coming out w/ a program for ECU that tests have not been released but they did speculate that the car is very restricted and that the gains were significant.. i dont know too much about specs on aftermarket equipment on the Spec V but anyone can give you that on this site. basically it comes down to your bank...and personal preference. Either way you cant go wrong.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My friend had a Type R and he smoked type s all day. All he had was a aem cai. I like the RSX but for that price i might as well get WRX. Now right now thats the car. I had a Prelude and i dont want another HOnda. There boring and everyone has one. Here in the small town i live in theres already tons on the street. But actually i cant say i dont like the RSX S cause i havent driven one. Maybe ill fall in love with it. I did drive a WRX and i didnt want to take it back to the dealer.
peace

·
Registered
5 Posts
You asked about Type S vs Spec V. Im not trying to sell you one I am just giving you an honest asessment from someone who owns one. If I was wrong in anything I said people would be jumping all over me in this forumsked about Type S vs Spec V. Im not trying to sell you one I am just giving you an honest asessment from someone who owns one. If I was wrong in anything I said people would be jumping all over me in this forum.Simple response to the smoking of the type s...1 people cant drive and 2 believe ot or not if you ever drive a type S youll see that it takes some getting use to launch the car and get throgh the gears when in a racing enviorment...my point is with the amount of people that cant drive out there then you add a tricky gearbox...you get really bad driving. Thats funny i have ran a few type R's...3 to be exact....all of them were pretty much even.. One was a pretty heavily modded type r that beat me the ....another one I beat ..put his nose at my rear bumper...the third was almost dead even till we hit traffic...Anyway you asked about Type S vs Spec V. Im not trying to sell you one I am just giving you an honest asessment from someone who owns one. If e I beat ..put his nose at my rear bumper...the third was almost dead even till we hit traffic... You asked about Type S vs Spec V. Im not trying to sell you one I am just giving you an honest asessment from someone who owns one. If I was wrong in anything I said people would be jumping all over me in this forumsked about Type S vs Spec V. Im not trying to sell you one I am just giving you an honest asessment from someone who owns one. If I was wrong in anything I said people would be jumping all over me in this forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Because i have a stuttering problem.....Na IM at work doing stuff and typing at the same time I copied and pasted part of it by accident.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
another reason i was lookin at the Spec V is beacuse it has a limited slip differential which most cars dont have and youll end up spending lots of money to put one on your type s. If im correct i believe that the Type R came with LSD.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup ITR comes with the same LSD that the Spec V brings

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kP_sr20De said:
i always thought that the rsx type s was supposed to be compared to the integra gsr. the spec v's are great handling cars from what i hear, but not that quick.
They are great handling cars, and they are quite quick ...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DOnt buy a Spec

yo look buy a classic se-r get a det from a gti-r and ull woop everycar in ur class , you'll be in the big boy class , u can do all this for under 5 too 6 g'z well if u look in da right places but me i can do it i just need about 2500 and im up their well good luck

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The old sentras dont have good stylin and plus if i would drop a sr into anything it would be a 240sx but then its a bitch to smog them. I dont know how all these people smog their sr20 engines. I heard you have to find someone to do it ilegally. that kind of sucks
peace
thanks for the replies

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah, but finding someone to illegally smog your car is pretty damn easy, i mean, money talks, especially around where i live, i live pretty close to LA (lots of crooks) and TJ(tijuana) where everything is possible. :)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i dunno bout u peeps but down here in florida that smog stuff dont exist so i dunno i guess florida has it made in a way

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Yeah and now everyone and their granpas are bringing out their old clunkers from yester-year and smoking up the environment. I actually passed emissions with my CA18DET before they got rid of testing.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I live here in the Central Valley theres not as many crooks out here like there are in the big cities. Maybe sac has someone but that would suck to have to drive there every time you have to smog it. I think you have to smog your car every year now right. The smog shit here in cali is getting out of hand.
peace

·
West Coast Redneck
1,127 Posts
Milla said:
I think you have to smog your car every year now right. The smog shit here in cali is getting out of hand.
From what I understand, its once every two years that you need a smog. My dad's was actually three or four years before he had to get his car smogged. Its every two years you need your car smogged. Thats the way it is with my Sentra, and my mom's Quest. So its not that bad having to drive to Sac once every two years.

-Sam

1 - 20 of 58 Posts