Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Ive got a pickle 4 an arm
418 Posts
NismoNx2000 said:
Spec v is not a bad car at all, except it needs at least a 6500 rpm redline and two doors, oh, and most importantly of all. No qr25de. It needs an sr20ve. :D Good old 2.0 litre with variable valve timing and a 7500 rpm red. Now that would have been perfect.
Though th VE is a good engine, (i'm aming for a SR16VE swap for my XE 4dr) i don't think your giving enough credit to the new QR25. This engine in itself is great. its a whole new flavor of horsepower. Its more of a pocket- Tourqe Monster.

this engine holds the kind of neck snapping tourqe that V8 guys live for. 4 cylinders traditionally have to scream to get the power. Personally i hold a lot of respect for this QR25. it leaps like a v8 does, from the very first touch. no "warming up" the rpm's

P.S. the 03 is getting a bit taller gearing, that should help shifting for those who can't preform "Porsche quick" shifting.

· Ive got a pickle 4 an arm
418 Posts
NismoNx2000 said:
Spec v is not a bad car at all, except it needs at least a 6500 rpm redline and two doors, oh, and most importantly of all. No qr25de. It needs an sr20ve. :D Good old 2.0 litre with variable valve timing and a 7500 rpm red. Now that would have been perfect.
Though th VE is a good engine, (i'm aming for a SR16VE swap for my XE 4dr) i don't think your giving enough credit to the new QR25. This engine in itself is great. its a hole new flavor of horsepower. Its more of a pocket- Tourqe Monster.

this engine holds the kind of neck snapping tourqe that V8 guys live for. 4 cylinders traditionally have to scream to get the power. Personally i hold a lot of respect for this QR25. it leaps like a v8 does, from the very first touch. no "warming up" the rpm's

P.S. the 03 is getting a bit taller gearing, that should help shifting for those who can't preform "Porsche quick" shifting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.