Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
I def. agree w/ breaking in the car very aggressively. My first car was a 99 civic ex 5 spd (im gonna get crap for that...at least there was minmimal rice) I was beating on it w/ 20 miles on the odo. It def had a positive effect on the car before I even did an y work to the car I was beating kids in Si's hanging right there w/ GSR's..none of my friends could figure it out...Hell I couldnt figure it out. After I did basic bolt ons the car was freaky fast for what it was. My point is that I think this was because of the way I broke the car in. As far as longterm affects....well the car was a lease and lets just say w/ 38K miles on it I had a bad tranny,bent valves and lifters.

· Registered
85 Posts
I wouldnt blame the bent valves, lifter, and tranny on the break in..that was just flat out daily abuse.....The fact that I had a 50 shot in there for 2 months didnt help either. i Just broke in my rsx type s..very agressively it now has 4K on it...my friend has one w/ 12k Miles..... He grannyd the car for 3K. we have done rolling starts at identical speed and shifted at identical speeds...mine pulls on him about a half car length...They are both stock and I know no 2 cars are identical but I gotta think the way I broke it in had something to do w/ it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.