Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hey does anyone have a problem shifting gears in their Spec-V? It seems like my car has problems shifting into 3rd. Doesn't sound like it's grinding , but it feels like i'm forcing it into gear. Doesn't always happen, but it's a bitch when it does.

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
goto www.b15sentra.net/forums

a guy with an 02 SE-R got a new (03) tranny and ECU. It seems to be a problem, and i think the new tranny is geared better. I could be wrong though. there is lots of info on that web site

·
Registered
369 Posts
tranny

If your car has a whining sound and you have problems with 3rd gear I would have it checked out. I sometimes have trouble with 3rd, but not very often and do not have the whining syncro noise.
just listen for a whining syncro if you have it; time for a new transmittion and ecu.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
I don't hear a syncro whine, but thanks for the info. I hate having to fight with the assholes at the dealership to get stuff fixed, but they will be seeing me again if the problem gets worse.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I NOTICE THAT MY CAR HAS A WHINING SOUND BUT ITS NOT IN 3RD GEAR THOUGH. ITS WHENEVER I HIT 40 MPH.
BUT DOES THAT MEAN I GOTTA BAD SYNCHRO?!?!?!
MY FRIEND HAD A 92 COMARO AND HIS REAR END WOULD MAKE A WHINING SOUND AT 50 MPH ALL OF THE TIME. THATS WHAT I JUST THOUGHT THIS WAS. PLEASE INFORM ME. THANKS :eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Take it to the dealership, thats what the warranty is for. That is my answer. I hate perplexing myself trying to figure some stuff out. I paid for a warranty and I'll damn sure use it!

·
Registered
369 Posts
noise

HoldenASpecV said:
I NOTICE THAT MY CAR HAS A WHINING SOUND BUT ITS NOT IN 3RD GEAR THOUGH. ITS WHENEVER I HIT 40 MPH.
BUT DOES THAT MEAN I GOTTA BAD SYNCHRO?!?!?!
MY FRIEND HAD A 92 COMARO AND HIS REAR END WOULD MAKE A WHINING SOUND AT 50 MPH ALL OF THE TIME. THATS WHAT I JUST THOUGHT THIS WAS. PLEASE INFORM ME. THANKS :eek:
I would say its the synchros or the balanced shafts. I have heard that the balaced shafts will wine at different speeds. This car makes alot of weird noises so I would say if it does it all the time get it checked out. If you have trouble shifting into 3rd gear definately get it checked out. Nissan has done a retro fit on the 2002 transmittion which has corrected the problem. The 2003 has a regeared tranny which requirers a new ecu. A few people have already had their trannys replaced.:eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts