Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read many posts on putting spec-v rims on a b14 and everything i've read said you can't cause the bolt pattern on the b14 is 4x100 and the spec is 4x110 , well i just saw a 200 for sale with 17inch spec-v rims on it and i'm not sure exactly how they did it , was there something that i missed about the rim swap ? is it possible ?

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
are you 100% sure they were spec-v or just 17inch wheels that looked like them, or he was compairing them to spec v wheels.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
the b15s are 4x114.3. unless you did some sort of hub/brake swap, it's not possible.

anyways, the 02-03 spec wheels bent very easily.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
Sport Edition, Shuk, Mille and a few others make almost identical rims. As said, the Spec rims are butter rims not to mention they weigh a boatload.

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
It, in fact, has been done. I believe a Teal 200sx converted his hubs to 4x114 so that he could put SpecV rims on his car. There were pictures up at one time. I don't know how you get 4x114 hubs that fit, but it is possible and it has been done.

Keep in mind the diameter of the tire/wheel is much larger on the B15 than on the B14, this means you would have inaccurate speedometer/odometer readings (you'd be going faster than the indicated speed).

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
spend all that money for crap rims is a waste.......and 4x114.3 sucks because there aren't ANY good rims available in this pattern.

save your money and pick up some nice Rotas or something.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
chimmike said:
spend all that money for crap rims is a waste.......and 4x114.3 sucks because there aren't ANY good rims available in this pattern.

save your money and pick up some nice Rotas or something.
^best advise ever. rotas........hot. want even cheaper?
want wheels that are 15 pounds each?
SE-R wheels. edit: oh.. you have those wheels.

·
See Below
278 Posts
I am going to have to check this out....

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
1.6pete said:
^best advise ever. rotas........hot. want even cheaper?
want wheels that are 15 pounds each?
SE-R wheels. edit: oh.. you have those wheels.
i wish i had stock rims. i wish people would stop f**king up cars and then selling them. wheels with the wrong offset? seriously, was he on crack.

where can i get stock rims for fairly cheap?

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Tavel said:
i wish i had stock rims. i wish people would stop f**king up cars and then selling them. wheels with the wrong offset? seriously, was he on crack.

where can i get stock rims for fairly cheap?
lurk around SR20 forums. or find guys in your area. mine came real easy, "wickedsr20" read a post of mine and noticed i was in the market for SE-R wheels. he pm'd me and we met at walmart and i picked them up. (he's a cool dude. :cheers: )

P.S. i just took the tires off to repaint them.......and let me say, everything they say about the SE-r wheels being light is very true :thumbup:

many SR guys buy bigger wgeels, but the SE-r wheels arent great in the winter (wide tires) so some times they want to trade (with alittle more cash as well) for some steelies or stock 14in alloys, just an FYI

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
You know, come to think of it, I have seen some rims ghetto drilled. That may have been a possibility for the dude with the Spec rims and by no means am I reccomending this.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well its not really that i wanted to do it , i was just curious cause of all the threads i've read about it not being possible then out of nowhere i see this thing , but thanks for everyones replies :fluffy:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts