Nissan Forum banner

Spec V past 60K miles.

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Terry S 
#1 ·
How many have a spec V with over 60K miles? How does it run? Any unexpected cost? Who has the highest milage so far?

There have been a lot of questions on how the spec v holds up, and most of the post don't really count because they are very low milage cars. Example: I got my car two months ago and have zero problems.....

Please only post if you have 60K miles or more.

Thanks

#2 ·
I have 25k on mine and no problems, but 25 is relatively new so I cant make any judgement on long term reliability. A guy on VBoard IIRC had nearly 100k and no problems on his 2002 Spec V. I think he had 96k last time he checked in but I cant remember his SN to save my life. My friend has 45k on his and believe it or not it is a 2004 NISMO (I suppose it is an S tune) Spec V. I dont think anyone has broken 100k on VBoard or NF...maybe someone on B15sentra.net has though.

If you look at the Specs on sale, many are on sale around 60k miles...this could be due to leases being up, people who simply like new cars or worst of all, because they had enough problems to make them sell the car. :(

Sorry I couldnt be more help.

#3 ·
Well I have 50k on mine (purchased Jan 02) and I just received a new engine last week.

Problems:
-Engine started getting really rough to start and threw a code on startup. Turned out the engine was all messed up, replaced under powertrain warranty.
-New engine still has rough start up issue. Getting a new fuel pump under powertrain warranty next week.
-Tranny is still notchy to engage and the clutch is starting to go. No I dont race my car and its totally stock (I feather my clutch to much I think)
-Suspension is alot bumpier than it used to be.

Other than that, everything has been fine.

Edit: So far only unexpected costs were tires. They wore out fast, but the break pads last forever! (still on stock!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.