Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was showing my friend my car yesturday, and he asked me if the "V" stood for 5?, the guy at the dealer said Spec-"V" so i told him it was "V", i did a search but came up with nothing....anyone know out of curiosity????

C

·
0 Posts
from my understanding... or from what I've heard... The V in V-spec pertained to the supension rating on the Skyline.. so probably means the same in the Spec-V

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
why is the Spec-V 10 more HP than the regular SE-R, whats the difference???

C

·
0 Posts
u want to know the real truth... there really isn't that big of a difference. It's all part of the marketing of the Spec-v being more a quote unquote... track ready off the floor. It hasn't been proven that it has 10 more horsepower.. its' only hearsay by nissan. Because.. how can 2 cars with the same base and same qr engine and basically same everything have a difference of 10hp between them. Unless it's something in the ecu. then I stand corrected.

C

·
0 Posts
Eeeek.. ahh.. okay. I stand corrected. Yups there's where the 10hp is from. LoLs.. my head was all up in the tranny sorry.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Can you disprove the claim??? With different difs/tranny, ecu's and muffler go figure?

Yes marketing wanted the upscale lable of the Spec V

Aus/NZ/Jpn markets have a s15 w/ Spec R and Spec S lables to denote trim levels.

Jeff
The 10hp comes from the "Spec V" sticker on the door!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you got a Spec-V emblem from the dealer??....not a sticker...a solid emblem same material the "SENTRA" emblem is made off, if so how much did u pay for it??.....

D

·
0 Posts
The V-Spec (skyline) stands for "Victory Specification". When turned into Spec-V for the sentra, that would basically then stand for "Specification Victory". As for SER vs SpecV, the biggest difference is not in the power, but in the differential (open vs HLSD), transmission (5spd vs 6spd), and suspension (firm vs ultra stiff).

·
Registered
134 Posts
All the 2000+ sentras are the fifth gen models, but the spev v, is just like a special performance package, i'm sure you know this. i'm just saying that it is "supposed" to be pronounced 5 as according nissan. its not spec v as related to the v spec skyline.

·
West Coast Redneck
1,127 Posts
Presedente,

I'm sorry, but you are wrong. I've done homework and I know for a fact its as Ryan (Boosterwitch) said, it is just a reversal of the Skyline V-Spec...hence if you decided to read Nissan's marketing ploy for the Spec"V" They hint at the seats being "Skyline-inspired" Hence...the connection to the Skyline V-Spec.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts