Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone enlighten me about a problem i have. I have a stock Spec-V and every once in a while my car will lose power. It doesn't happen every time I drive my car but is happens on a weekly basis. It feels as if the throttle isn't opening all the way, it seems as if there is not enough fuel or air entering the engine. The car doesn't stop but it loses about half of its horse power and it sounds like the car is working hard. When this happens it also has a few more electrical issues, the brake lights stay on even when off the brakes and the dash lights and parking lights stay on when I turn the car is turned off until I release the brake pedal. When I turn the car off and back on the problem is fixed. My local dealership can't duplicate the problem because it is a random occurance and no one has encountered this problem before. Please Help. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
taadow182 said:
Can anyone enlighten me about a problem i have. I have a stock Spec-V and every once in a while my car will lose power. It doesn't happen every time I drive my car but is happens on a weekly basis. It feels as if the throttle isn't opening all the way, it seems as if there is not enough fuel or air entering the engine. The car doesn't stop but it loses about half of its horse power and it sounds like the car is working hard. When this happens it also has a few more electrical issues, the brake lights stay on even when off the brakes and the dash lights and parking lights stay on when I turn the car is turned off until I release the brake pedal. When I turn the car off and back on the problem is fixed. My local dealership can't duplicate the problem because it is a random occurance and no one has encountered this problem before. Please Help. Thanks

Could just be the knock sensors. Stock knock-sensors are very touchy and could be the reason why your feelin the loss in power but if it feels like your losin half, I'm not sure. Check out nissanperformancemag.com, they have more info on knock sensors. Not sure what to tell you about the electrical problem, never had that issue before.

·