Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a misfire in cyl. 1 so changed all the plugs. it was still misfiring so wanted to check the butterfly screw. well in cyl. 2 the whole metal piece and both screws are gone. any ideas on how to fix would be great . Do i need to look into a new motor/3.5 swap.(hehehe) is this one toast because it suck them in. any good motor swap shop around or where to get another qr25de engine/rebuild
03 specv 110k miles no major problems until this
thanks

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
Definitely heard of this happening before...back in the day when we did mod meets.

Have you gotten help on this at the Specvboard?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea took everything apart to look at the intake manifold butterfly screws.
they were gone in cylinder 2 hopefully i fixed good enough to daily drive it
just have a rough idle now

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
Damn that's scary.

What is your compression like? Have you checked?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope dont have the tools for that yet. im still getting a misfire in cylinder 2 and a rough idle. hopefully can be fixed with out to much problems and $$$$$$

·
AUTOBOT!!!
210 Posts
nope dont have the tools for that yet. im still getting a misfire in cylinder 2 and a rough idle. hopefully can be fixed with out to much problems and $$$$$$

Check the spark plugs again. What happened to me was 1 screw came threw first, I changed the plug. Idle was fun, drove some, and next thing another part came thru on that same cylinder, so I had to change the plug again.

After that I always rode around with an extra spark plug and tools just in case but nothing happend again.

·
Tune it
504 Posts
If you took off the top half of the manifold and the plate is missing on one then you need to get another plate and screws. did you use a little mirror or magnet to see if the plate is still in the intake? without the plate you will get misfires. all motor you need them.. all of them you can't have different air flow rates between the cylinders. and the screws will have jacked up your plug unless you have a little luck with all this. btw hope you locktyte the rest while it was off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes i found the plate but could not find the screws. i locktight all the rest and the new one. seems to run fine just have a vacuum leak somewhere because my idle goes up to about 2k then will idle down. it only happens when i stop.
thanks again for all the help guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts