Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
it's suppose to be 6 3/4" in the front, and 6 3/4" in the back, but 6 1/2" will fit in the back easy, it's a little bit harder in the front because you have the depth issue, it has to be at or under 2 3/16 or it won't fit well, you can make some spacers, but you don't have much space between the door panel and the speaker

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
huh??

aren't there 6.5's front and back on a 200sx?? i replaced mine with xplods 6.5's when i shot my factory 6.5's at the back, i salvaged the factory connector and soldered it to the xplods so i won't have to bother with the factory wiring harness...

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
1997 GA16DE said:
They are supposed to be 6.5" but Nissan made them slightly oversized so they come out to almost 6.75". Any size speaker can fit with a little construction.
This is not just a "Nissan thing"

Many companies now make 6 3/4 size speakers.. what Crutchfield used to call 6 1/2 S ....

Pioneer makes several models in the 6 3/4 (oversize) style... buy the correct size and do it right,,,

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes the speaker is now refered to as a 6 3/4". Originally these were called oversized 6 1/2". I top mounted some Blaupunkt 6 3/4" about 5 years ago in the rear deck.

C

·
0 Posts
The true problem with the 95-99 sentra/200sx doors not so much the availability of 6.75s or that you cant use a 6.75->6.5 adapter but the mounting depth is fairly limited.. anything with a top mount depth of more than 2 inches probably wouldnt fit in a 200sx door.. at least not mine... you could maybe cut out the grille in the door and use yr own.. plastic panels probably wouldnt hold the weight though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts