Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 sentra 4dr. I lost the rear left and in general the stock speakers are showing their age ( 10 yrs!! ) . I want to retain the head unit and get 4 new speakers. $$ is a huge problem. I am a student I dont have very little money.

1. What size speakers do i need?

2. Are there any other specifications I need to know to ensure correct mating to the head unit?

3. Which are cheapest speakers which will outperform the stock ones by a little..I am looking for a little improvement over 10 yr stock speakers.. so which ones? No amps or that sort of thing for me.

4. where to get them?

5. any tutorial on how to put them in?

aditya

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
chimmike said:
Thanks. Got all the info

I need 5.25" speakers. Four of them. Prices are for pairs! :)

I was looking at the Pioneer TS-A1370R. can be gotten for 50 bucks .
Anyone has had a review for them?

Also what is the difference between the Pioneer TS-Axxx series and the TS-Gxxx series. There seems to be a huge price difference in them.

What are the specifications of the stock head unit? i.e the power output?

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
holy crap....$7 for a set of speakers?

ok 1st off they're pyramid, and 2nd...they're 7 dollars! I wouldn't expect those to last more than a week.

As for the sonys, one of them probably sucks slightly less than the other, but it doesn't really matter because both of them blow. If you want an improvement over stock, you're going to have to spend at least $50 per set of speakers (ebay price, not retail). Maybe look at the CDT coaxs or infinity reference coaxs, you can't get much cheaper than that without falling into the flea market trash that plagues this industry.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sr20dem0n said:
holy crap....$7 for a set of speakers?
They have a 2 year warranty, but they start too high, 95Hz!!

any word on the pioneer 3-ways? The 1370R?

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
a_d_y_a said:
They have a 2 year warranty, but they start too high, 95Hz!!
well what to you expect, they're $7
that's also the rated frequency response, considering the fact that frequency response specs are pretty useless, and also that it's coming from a shitty company that likes to lie on everything they sell, that 90hz is probably at -15dB. I wouldn't expect those POS's to go anywhere below 150hz.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was looking at the Pioneer TS-A1370R. can be gotten for 50 bucks. Anyone has had a review for them?

Also what is the difference between the Pioneer TS-Axxx series and the TS-Gxxx series. There seems to be a huge price difference in them.

What are the specifications of the stock head unit in a Nissan Sentra LE ? i.e the power output?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts