Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 sentra and number one and two sparkplug tubes are filling with antifreeze. Has anyone else had this to happen

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
None in cylinder. Compression is 175 on cylinders 1 through 3 and 100 on number 4 cylinder. There is no water in oil I drain to check

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,114 Posts
There are water jackets in the head; how close to the tubes, I'm not sure. Below is info taken from the FSM for your vehicle; I'll assume the engine is a QR25DE since you did not say.

You can pressure test the coolant system with a pressure tester kit; Clean the area inside the plug tube but do not remove the spark plug. Pressurize the system to around 23 psi with the tester. Now let it sit for several minutes while watching the gauge and observing the area inside the tube for any seepage of coolant. The gauge reading should hold steady for many minutes; if the pressure drops off quickly, then you've got a leak somewhere.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I pressure test radiator. And found no leaks and then I un hooked the coolant lines to throttle body. And haven't had any more problems I drove 600 miles with no problems

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,301 Posts
When you get coolant inside the spark plug wells that wasn't caused by coolant spilling into them from and outside source, then the head is either porous or cracked and needs to be replaced. I've worked on both an SR20DE and a GA16DE engine when I was a Nissan tech that had the cylinder head do that. If there was a leak coming through from the bottom of the spark plug well tube, it would be engine oil and not coolant. A blown head gasket won't cause coolant to enter the spark plug well, only to the combustion chamber or an adjacent oil passage..or, externally between the block and the head.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took the coolant lines of the throttle body.and splice them together and have drove 300 miles with no problems

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
3 Participants
Ronnie262
Nissan Forum
Nissan Forums is the go to place to talk about your favorite Nissan model, including the Rogue, Maxima, Altima and even sports cars like the 370Z and 200SX.
Full Forum Listing