Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening Maxima Fans!

I have an issue that I would like to have a little clarification on. What are the best spark plugs to get for my 98 Nissan Maxima SE? I bought the Bosch 4 platinum plugs, are they as good as or better than the NKG plugs?? Any information about this would be great. I am a newbie, so if there is an additional area that you could point me to that would be helpful.

Thanks

Svanwise!

·
Registered
60 Posts
oe specs recommend the use of platinum tipped spark plugs for maximum performance. ngk does have a better rep but i do not know about bosch. try it out. im sure there cant be that much of a difference with platinum tipped plugs. unless they were dirt cheap and poorly made...

·
Registered
11 Posts
i use bosch(+4) on my 95 maxima and it runs reall good.....ive even raced with it. i got a great respond from them PLUS Brainw is right there is not much of a difference!

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
**Many people on the Org suggest Bosch Platinums are pure crap. I used Bosch plats in a previous car of mine only to find the platinum had burned away after 20k miles.

Nissan recommends using ONLY NGK Platinums. Personally I have gone with NGK Coppers with a better result but for a shorter lifespan...I can deal with a shorter lifespan for better spark.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts