Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
i was wondering if i can get more HP with Bosch +4 platinum plugs for my 92 sentra 1.6l auto. it is the one with rods near the center instead of the regular single rod in most spark plugs. my friend says that it might screw up the pistons or make the life of the engine much less.
please advise
mk

·
Registered
638 Posts
Stick with the OEM NGK plugs they perform the best...

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
mk_sentra said:
hi
it might screw up the pistons or make the life of the engine much less.
please advise
mk
No it won't. I use off the shelf Delco (I think) platinums from Wal Mart. They cost about $1.50 each. I change every 60K and they still look like new.

·
No Nissan Yet
139 Posts
mk_sentra said:
hi
i was wondering if i can get more HP with Bosch +4 platinum plugs for my 92 sentra 1.6l auto. it is the one with rods near the center instead of the regular single rod in most spark plugs. my friend says that it might screw up the pistons or make the life of the engine much less.
please advise
mk
platinums or only good for one thing: YOU CAN GET HIGH MILEAGE OUT OF THEM!! they dont offer any performance gains. if you want i high quality plug, run Nippon Denso's. nothing but great luck i had from them! NGK's are very good as well.

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
multiple ground spark plugs are for high mileage because everytime it fires, the ground metal slowly deteriorates, and for those who don't know, it only shoots and grounds out on one terminal, not all 4, no matter how cool that would be, electricity always takes the path of least resistance......

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm not sure how concrete my experiences are, but I just switched from my stock NGK's to the Iridium NGKs and it seemed to help quite a bit in start-up and smoother acceleration.

And the gains shouldn't be attributed to simply switching to new plugs, cos my previous stock NGKs are pretty new (less than 1,500km).

More possibly, it could be that my stock NGKs had developed some flaw (possibly cos I have a bigger Ignition Coil), cos I started to notice my car needing a longer time to crank before starting up about a week back....Still, when the stock NGK plugs were removed, they seemed to had burnt pretty alright...??

Notably, I had a set of Denso IK20's before, and I couldn't tell the difference actually...I had swapped them for stock NGKs, having read from Kojima's Garage that stock purportedly performs best...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts