Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gurus,

I need to know what kind of spark plugs I need to buy for my Nissan Sentra 1988 1.3 SOHC SLX. My engine is "E-Series" type. Considering our climate here in the Philippines (Tropical) so what's the best brand and specs for my car. Thanks in advance for your suggestions

·
Registered
18 Posts
sorry I can't help you with the exact specifications for your car, but here are some brand suggestions :

from what I hear , and from personal expierience , nippon denso spark plugs are usually good enough . . . they are usually the original equipment for nissans . . .

otherwise , I would go with bosch platinum spark plugs , as that's what I normally use to replace stock plugs .

you might want to get a few more opinions before buying , though...

good luck !

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
The NGK V-Power copper plugs are fine for normal usage. IIRC they do make them for your car but since the 1.3 is not an American model, I cannot find the part number you need. NGK and Denso are both great for imports, generally avoiding Bosch is a good idea.

The general rule:
-Copper is good for performance and costs as well as nitrous oxide. It has by far the shortest life though.
-Platinum is good for the long haul but not the best for performance and NEVER for nitrous oxide. It is the middle costing.
-Irridium is the best of both worlds. It is as good as copper for performance, lasts longer than platinum and is good for nitrous oxide (if you would want to use such an expensive plug for N2O). The real drawback is price. These cost 7-16 dollars a plug compared to the 2-4 bucks of a copper one.

Hope this helps some, sorry I couldn't have helped more.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
always put NGK ... dont go for other brand... it has been proved to be the best spark plug for your nissan.

If you want another opinion an testimonies go on the www.sentra.net and check the spark plug section.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts