Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Wins Don't Come Easy
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am curious. I have an interesting situation. One of the plugs on my car somehow got rounded off, basically I can't use a socket to get it out at this point. Does anyone know of something I could possibly get it out with or, what I would have to do to get it out. It is at the point where the car is kindof boggin out.

·
Super Moderator
1,065 Posts
ok... how'd you round them off? I know this doesnt help but im curious.

·
Wins Don't Come Easy
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly I dont know. I mean I used the right size socket, I realized it wasnt coming loose, so I checked it out and it was rounded. The other 3 are just fine and have been replaced, just that one was left.

·
Registered
74 Posts
the only thing I can think of is find a long(and I mean long ) pair of needle nose vice grips and start turning away. other than that I'm stumped. the usual way of pounding a slightly smaller socket on could lead to socket damage and/or possibly jamming the plug evne more.
just my 2 cents worth
-mike

·
Super Moderator
1,065 Posts
Can you possibly get a camera in there to snap a picture so we can see what we're up against?

·
Wins Don't Come Easy
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So i ended up tapping a hammer, on it, and guess what a rubber piece came off and it wasn't rounded after all. Came off, problem solved. Thanks for help guys.

·
Wins Don't Come Easy
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still boggin out. Damn, thought I had it fixed. To give you an idea, when I am idling it will go from 1k rpms and drop to about 500 and go back and forth. When I am driving I can feel it kinda chuggin a bit as well.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,226 Posts
Several items to check:
- Sticking EGR valve.
- Major vacuum leak.
- Bad O2 sensor.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,241 Posts
Check / clean the IAVC if you are having idle speed problems.

·
Wins Don't Come Easy
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the replies guys. On thursday or hopefully before i'm gonna get out there and check it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts