Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered a set of ngk spark plug wires from partstrain for my 97 altima, but they dont fit. i ordered the set with the coil is that my problem? they are like two inches too short and i dont even have a coil wire so i don't know why they gave the option to order it. Are there any other companys that sell better wires for our cars? or should i give the set with out a coil wire a try. i wish they sold ngks at brick and mortar stores.

heres the set i ordered
NGK Ignition Wire Set
1993-1997 Nissan Altima
w/ coil wire.. NX05 NGK

·
Registered
10 Posts
So something like these should work?

These are the NGK NX15 - without the ignition coil. I am about a week or two away from purchasing a set of these as well. What about spark plug recommendations? I am thinking something moderately cheap like the NGK G-Power spark plugs.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Why not a set of bosch dual irridium plugs?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sure. Why not? Bosch is nice too. Not too much of a price difference since it's only four plugs. Just more familiar with the NGK G-Power series since it's available locally.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ordered a set of ngk spark plug wires from partstrain for my 97 altima, but they dont fit. i ordered the set with the coil is that my problem? they are like two inches too short and i dont even have a coil wire so i don't know why they gave the option to order it. Are there any other companys that sell better wires for our cars? or should i give the set with out a coil wire a try. i wish they sold ngks at brick and mortar stores.

heres the set i ordered
NGK Ignition Wire Set
1993-1997 Nissan Altima
w/ coil wire.. NX05 NGK
Try this linkk: AMSOIL ONLINE PRODUCT APPLICATION GUIDE - amsoiloaf.4653090. It explains what is recommended for your vehicle. Hope this helps you out. BTW, I am an independent AMSOIL dealer and we do carry the NGK spark plugs and wire sets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts