Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I am getting oil seepage into one of my spark plug tubes which I believe is causing a hesitation when driving some times. My question is, has anyone else ran in to this? I went to the dealership and some parts houses and from what everyone tells me the seals aren't a separate item (I'm thinking it is probably just a setup to get you to buy a totally new cover). The dealership can get me a new valve cover, but they want way too much for a chunk of plastic (other places can't seem to get them)... Also, I'm wondering if I just replace the plug wires if that will help any? Does it seal only by the valve cover seals, or the plug wires also? On the plug wire that is in the leaking tube the end seems fine (other than the oil on it).

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ifoam said:
Spark Plug Seal
A8027-117339

5.15 @ overnightautoparts.com
Thanks. I was hoping they had seperate seals like the old engines. I might be missing something though, but if I go to overnightautoparts.com and try to find spark plug tube seal it doesn't come back with anything. I walked through the model make, engine and all I could get was A8030-117461 for the valve cover. Would you mind posting a direct link or let me know what I am doing wrong? Maybe use a specifc year?

Thanks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
DaDusterDude said:
Thanks. I was hoping they had seperate seals like the old engines. I might be missing something though, but if I go to overnightautoparts.com and try to find spark plug tube seal it doesn't come back with anything. I walked through the model make, engine and all I could get was A8030-117461 for the valve cover. Would you mind posting a direct link or let me know what I am doing wrong? Maybe use a specifc year?

Thanks!
woops, i thought you had a different model. the first website doesn't show them, but if you goto the oreily site and put in your specs, that part number i gave you up comes up also

·
a constipated monkey
143 Posts
the oem part nazis at my local nissan shop told me that those seals werent available......they said get a new valve cover @$140. believe that shit?

·
THINK BLUE
1,014 Posts
On the 91-94 (B13) GA16DE's, the valve covers are made out of aluminum and the spark plug tube seals are replaceable. The 95-99 (B14) GA16DE VC's are made out of plastic and the tube seals are not a replaceable item.

Instead of buying a brand new plastic VC from the dealership, you can check out your local junkyards or the classified section here for a used B14 VC. You can also use a B13 VC on a B14 GA16DE. If you get a used B13 VC you can polish it up or powdercoat it for looks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah now I see, so I was originally right, someone is out to make some money :rolleyes: I got the same answer as funkpacket for the valve cover from the dealer, $140. I laughed at him and told him I could get two sets of top of the line aftermarket aluminum valve covers for my SB mopar at that price.

Looks like it is time to do some junkyard searching and hoping I can find one that doesn't also seap. Anyone tried to just RTV the snot out of the leaking tube and have good results?

Thanks again for the help! :thumbup:

·
a constipated monkey
143 Posts
DaDusterDude said:
Ah now I see, so I was originally right, someone is out to make some money :rolleyes: I got the same answer as funkpacket for the valve cover from the dealer, $140. I laughed at him and told him I could get two sets of top of the line aftermarket aluminum valve covers for my SB mopar at that price.

Looks like it is time to do some junkyard searching and hoping I can find one that doesn't also seap. Anyone tried to just RTV the snot out of the leaking tube and have good results?

Thanks again for the help! :thumbup:[/QUO

at the u-pull it here in south florida there are probably 20 b13's, most with engines intact w/valve cover.....pm me if you cant find one and ill check next time i go rumaging for parts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts