Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the spark plug cover that is on the rwd sr20det can fit on a fwd sr20?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Nope! The valve cover is different and, unfortunately is not swappable either.

But, if you get a chance, check out:

http://www.renaultsamsungm.com/

It is the Samsung Motors division of Renault who also owns Nissan. They have a SR20DE powered Maxima in Korea called the SM5 badged as a Samsung. The valve cover has a spark plug cover on it.

Now everyone will be wanting to order KDM parts for their Maxima's to make them Samsung SM5's. Well...

...maybe not!

·
Registered
117 Posts
this has nothing to do with the question, but i'm surprised to find out about the SM5. never thought about it. i was in korea two years ago and I drove the SM5 for most of the summer. It's considered the lexus of korean models. it felt pretty good, but of course, it was heavy. that'd be mad tite if some people started doing srd20de swaps in their 3rd gen maximas. or sr20detz. my 1. and a hlaf cents.

Ppeace
CMo

·
Registered
413 Posts
It appears to be able to come with a 2.5 V6, 2.0 I4 and a 1.8 I4. But I can not be sure since I can not read the Korean language.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, i guess fwd cam covers are not the same as the rwd ones for the sr20. Im talking about the spark plug cover that is on the s13 red top sr20 that says intercooled something rather on it. It would look trick on a fwd cause all honda motors have a cover like that, not that i want to be like a honda :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

the white thing is that says "intercooler Turbo" on it...

·
Registered
413 Posts
NissanBoy85 said:
Im talking about the spark plug cover that is on the s13 red top sr20 that says intercooled something rather on it.
Yea. So am I. The SR20 that is in the Samsung SM5 has a spark plug cover on it as well and it is FWD. It is not a rectangular plate though like the RWD red top shown. It actually has a sphere shape on the oil cap end.

I'll see if I can get a picture.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow man, that is super nice. How do you know so much about Korean cars? Do you have a samsung? They look pretty nice, but seem like heavy bricks. Do you have a hookup in korea or something? Can you point me in the right direction to get that valve cover with the spark plug cover?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Nope. I saw that thread and was amazed so I started doing searching all over the web for info on it.

I actually think the SM5 is quite a slick looking car. I am just wondering why that 2.5 V6 is not available in any of the US model cars.

Would have been a nice option in the Spec-V and/or a the retired G20. The torque would probably have been quite responsive in those cars.

Oh well! :rolleyes:

·
Master of the 5th speed
147 Posts
NissanBoy85 said:

the white thing is that says "intercooler Turbo" on it...
It wont work, you have nothing to screw the cover down on. Notice that it screws into the valve cover.

The only option you have is to look for a GTi-R valve cover which will have the spark plug wire cover.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts