Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to replace my spark plugs and wires soon...one of my wires is kinds busted...i was wondering what are the best spark plugs and wires to get for my car and where can i get them thanks

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Only use NGK factory spec plugs. Get the best wires you can find/afford

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have beru platinum (sorta like bosch +4, I think they're about $25, got them when I was in Germany) and magnecor competition wires (about $40-$50 @ cyberspace automotive). I like the quality imho.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
DON'T get Bosch +4s, they causes problems with these engines

·
Registered
539 Posts
What kind of problems do the bosch plugs cause? I have a pinging problem, or something like that, with my car, and have no idea what is wrong. I use 93 octane and still get pinging off and on when it's 30 degrees outside! My car also bucks and jerks a lot in the winter, but I don't know if it has to do with me using 93 octane which won't burn as easily as the 87, especially in the winter...

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
The pinging sounds like a timing problem. The Bosch plugs cause misfires.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Sorry for sounding ignorant....but what would a misfire cause? I had my timing chain replaced, so would they have adjusted it to the right timing when they replaced it?

M

·
0 Posts
Wouldn't the ngk plugs that are platinum be better then the factory ones ? Also, would the ngk plug wires go good on the car ?

B

·
0 Posts
I'm running Bosch wires and plus 2 bosch plugs on my car and I've never had problems with the engine misfiring or anything like that. Although I've heard much criticism about the plus 4 plugs, my brother is running those on his 1989 Toyota Corolla that has 200,000+ miles on his car and it runs great. An thorough engine tune-up would be a good idea while you're replacing your plugs and wires. As far as platinum versus factory plugs go, I'd go to sentra.net under engine tech and read Mike Kojima's critique of spark plugs. You could probably find the answer to your question there.

·
Nissan/Mazda Gumshoe
1,052 Posts
i ve only used ngk in my car since iv e had it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts