Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I have a 1991 4 x 4 SE with the brush gaurd and the external spair tire carrier... but not the bolts. Does ANYONE know the thread size and depth of the bolts needed to get these things on and out of the back seat?

Thanks so much,

·
3,553 Posts
If you didn't have a tire carrier to begin with, you'll need the steel welded-nut inserts that go inside the body on the hinge side before you need to worry about bolts. It's not a simple matter of drilling holes, there won't be any reinforcement inside if you didn't have a carrier already installed...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for actually writing back on this one.. i know its not as exciting as adding dual engines or something..

the vehicle came with the spare tire carrier.. but i bought it used and the bast.. the guy didn't include the bolts from the factory to attach it. so its ready to go i'm just having a hell of a time at hardware stores finding the right girth of bolt. the factory nissan bolts are literally about $10 a piece (what!?) and all our junkyards are fresh out of 91 pathfinders with spare tire carriers.. sigh.. i'm trying a specialty hardware place next week that has "everything" and hopefully can help, but any other help from you guys would be gold.

thanks!

·
3,553 Posts
Oh cool...yeah, wasn't sure if you wanted to put a new one on or what.

Those bolts should be metric, 10x1.25 35mm long. I had one in my garage from a wrecked 89 I took the carrier off of. Those shouldn't cost $10 each but fine thread pitch metric bolts ARE hard to find. I found 14mm bolts for my upper control arm spindles at a farm and tractor supply store...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts