Nissan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've got a '93 nissan altima with a nock at rpms 2500 and up. I think i'm about to throw a rod. I want to put a swap in it anyways. Or at least a better stock engine that i can build on. So I"m looking for stock engines for my car that are in good shape or a swap. If you know a good place or if you have one then let me know

·
Biru O' Kudasai
1,426 Posts
I only know of reman engines like; http://remanufactured.com/Nissan_Engines.htm
Otherwise check with a local yard and you can use up a 01 KA24DE.

I would think about rebuilding yours after evaluating it's condition since you are going to modify it. That way you can strengthen the weak points like rods and pistons without the additional expense of the additional engine. Unless you want to drive it while you build it then just get a cheap used engine.

Troy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
update, since my friend dosent baby my car as much as i do, we found out that the more gas u give it, the less it knocks. ex. giving the engine 1/4 throttle u r able to get up to 3k or 3500 rpms and so on, we have have to outrun a train giving the car about 1/2 throttle and went to 4500rpms without a knock, do u think this could be fuel injectors?

·
Biru O' Kudasai
1,426 Posts
Try changing the oil to a thicker viscosity like 20w-50 and use a genuine Nissan filter. See if this makes any difference. A good tune up is never a bad thing as well.

Troy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i do have a oil leak somewhere, but i just got back from the army and my sister was driving my car before and shes stupid. i know the knock is internal, but im prob gunna have to get a new engine anyways

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well guys i have another question for ya... since tax returns couldnt wait, i still havent gotten a new engine. but if anyone knows where to get rebuild kits or spare stock parts that r in good condition please let me know. thank u

1 - 8 of 8 Posts