Nissan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mercenary
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep. Everything was going great on the new laptop. Then I installed SP2. Fucked up outlook express and internet explorer. That wouldn't be such a bad thing except I need outlook express for school. Kiss my ass Bill Gates.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
odd my outlook express runs fine and my ie runs fine and i got sp2

·
Registered
306 Posts
... I have never had a problem with SP2, except with having to turn off the firewall though. Wierd. You know you can do a system restore and uninstall SP2. Really wierd that you should have problems, I have installed it on hundreds of computers. First update I do. I even keep a copy on my server just to avoid having to download it so many times. I think computers just don't like you very much man... ;-)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Matt93SE said:
I've never had anthing but problems after installing SP2.. it slows the systems down and makes them more unstable.
Are you using the web "automatic updates" system to install it? that might be the problem. I have the entire corperate SP2 patch available for download if anyone cares for it. I am in Missouri right now but if anyone needs it I will remote into the server to set it up for ftp. I also usually do a SP2 update on a fresh install, which might be another area for hang ups.

·
Mercenary
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I deleted the install and started over. Everything works fine now. Must have been a glitch in the install somewhere. they should have given me a damn error message at least.

·
Registered
306 Posts
d_warner said:
Well, I deleted the install and started over. Everything works fine now. Must have been a glitch in the install somewhere. they should have given me a damn error message at least.
It can not give an error if it does not think there is not one, hence the problem with Micro$oft. ;-)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts