Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
B12 Enthusiast
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some help/suggestions on having a custom cam ground for my car. As the GA16i was only made for 2 years, there is pretty much no aftermarket support availible. I have searched and found options for just about all of the other components I need except a cam.

I am not looking for help on the actual grind of the cam, only looking to see if I can even find a blank. Still in the planning stage, and would like to make sure I have explored my options before I start investing in another motor.

thanks, :cheers:

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
astreamk1 said:
Looking for some help/suggestions on having a custom cam ground for my car. As the GA16i was only made for 2 years, there is pretty much no aftermarket support availible. I have searched and found options for just about all of the other components I need except a cam.

I am not looking for help on the actual grind of the cam, only looking to see if I can even find a blank. Still in the planning stage, and would like to make sure I have explored my options before I start investing in another motor.

thanks, :cheers:
I could be wrong but I thought Nissan Motorsports offered a cam for that motor, but I am not sure on this so it needs to be verified.

Otherwise call JWt and see fi they have advice on a cam blank.

·
B12 Enthusiast
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wes said:
I could be wrong but I thought Nissan Motorsports offered a cam for that motor, but I am not sure on this so it needs to be verified.

Otherwise call JWt and see fi they have advice on a cam blank.
Thanks Wes, I was looking into Nismo parts online and most places either don't list any of the older parts that were even availible, or only show parts for the E series. Tried my local dealers and they were no help either. I was hoping maybe they would have kept some of the earlier catalogs around, but no dice.

I will give JWT a call and start there. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you have a shop that can do custom grinds they may be able to use a stock cam as a blank and either grind down the base circle or weld it up and then regrind. It's often done on cranks to achieve more stroke by off-set grinding.

Also, I have seen ads from a company called PAECO from Alabama. Never dealt with them but they have some obscure parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts