Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vanilla Ice all the way baby!
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was looking at the threads on sound deadening, i didn't see anyone that has matted a z31, and was wondering where are the most likely parts on a z31 to put it on, i already have pretty good sound quality, i'm jsut looking to reduce exterior noise, so probably 1 layer in less important areas and 2 layers in more important areas, which areas could i get away with 1 layer and where would i need 2 layers? i know that alot of the stuff in the back of the z is bolted on and or held on with plastic clips, which rattle, would putting the matting between these pieces and where ever they might contact the metal help reduce the rattling noise? if anyone has matted a z31 do you have pictures?

edit: are there any ghetto inexpensive ways to get less rattling, aside from turning down the volume?

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Hatch under the 3rd brake light.. and doors.... And the exhaust rattles on mine lol

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Nope never had a problem... There's nothing in there to rattle in the first place besides the strut dust covers.

·
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
♣AsleepZ♣ said:
Nope never had a problem... There's nothing in there to rattle in the first place besides the strut dust covers.
ok well what about a layer between all the plastic stuff and the bare metal

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
SanMarcosZfreak said:
ok well what about a layer between all the plastic stuff and the bare metal
that would be a good idea

·
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
♣AsleepZ♣ said:
that would be a good idea
yeah cuz theres only a slight noise issue from the outside, but the rattling is what bugs the heck outta me, because i can make out the rattling over everything else, very good hearing, the road noise i can live with, but the rattling has to go

1 - 7 of 7 Posts