Nissan Forum banner

Someone Help, OBX Header Install.

3K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  Niss200SXGTR 
#1 ·
How do you manage to slide this one piece headers into the engine bay?? do you lift the motor a little bit, or do you manuver it in, unbolt something?? what what what!?!?

#5 ·
Niss200SXGTR said:
if i am not mistaken, OBX is a name brand?!. well, I like the 1 piece header design, simply beacuase of the fact of less possibility for gasket screw up.. i was figuring sliding it from underneath was my option..
i see....maybe i'm just not that familiar with obx because us honda guys have comptech/dc/mugen/spoon/etc...

#6 ·
oh, well, civics and sentras are similar, yet different, cause see, ill tell you what it looks like.. if you remove the stock manifold, there is 2 things.. there isnt enough room, to simply lift the car, and place them straight in from above, becuase its a 1 peice design. Second, there is the front motor mount. (ithink) and a big black bar that blocks a straight push in from underneath, i think you can unbolt this, im not sure, i have to look

#8 ·
just let go of the crossmember and motor mounts, you still have 2 on either side so you're safe, and yes make it go under, also unfasten the electric fans and cover the radiator, to get as much space as you can.............i had to drop an m5 suspension once just to install some damn headers....

#14 ·
they are not that hard to install, should be very straight forward. search my other posts for some things I ran into.

#17 ·
no no, please let me exaplain eh?

OBX headers are better than HS in my opinion... becuase they are 1 Peace.. not 2 peiece.. the 1 piece is harder to install.. i had to remove fans, radiator, everything upfront to slide them in, it cant be done from underneath.. Once under, they bolted in... 6 bolts... the inner bottom 2 wouldnt fit, cause the welding.. but, i can get some bolts from a store that dont have the little washers attached.. they sound.. and Act great.. super fast.. like 5K and up, i feel like 2X power almost.. its great..

#18 ·
You removed your radiator to install a header!!! ... LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.