Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHEN I WAS ON MY WAY HOME FROM THE STORE, MY S14 DIED ON ME. THE PEOPLE SAID IF I RUN MY CAR WHEN THE FUEL LIGHT IS ON THAT DIRT AND OTHER SHIT GETS STUCK IN THE FUEL FILTER AND PUMP. THE CAR CHURNS ACTING LIKE ITS GOING TO START BUT IT DOESN'T. FRIENDS SAID TO REPLACE THE FUEL PUMP AND FILTER. WILL IT START AFTER THAT? DO YOU THINK THE FUEL PUMP AND FILTER IS THE PROBLEM FOR IT NOT STARTING? I NEED ADVICE MANG.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ronS14flossin said:
WHEN I WAS ON MY WAY HOME FROM THE STORE, MY S14 DIED ON ME. THE PEOPLE SAID IF I RUN MY CAR WHEN THE FUEL LIGHT IS ON THAT DIRT AND OTHER SHIT GETS STUCK IN THE FUEL FILTER AND PUMP. THE CAR CHURNS ACTING LIKE ITS GOING TO START BUT IT DOESN'T. FRIENDS SAID TO REPLACE THE FUEL PUMP AND FILTER. WILL IT START AFTER THAT? DO YOU THINK THE FUEL PUMP AND FILTER IS THE PROBLEM FOR IT NOT STARTING? I NEED ADVICE MANG.
Wow lay off the caps...

1st off people who say running on empty will pick up more dirt are total retards... The fuel pump sits at the bottem of the tank. It ALWAYS pulls the crap off the bottem.

2nd Before you waste any cash on a new fuel pump go get a in line fuel pressure gauge... Even with the engine not running just turning on the key will pressurize your fuel system.

:fluffy:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ANOTHER THING

after the car died on me i put around 1/3 tank of gas. so there's gas in the car, i just dont know whats going on.. any other suggestions? i just bout the fuel pump and filter. anyone know how to install those things? on a 1998 se?

·
Registered
2 Posts
my 240sx died on the highway once right before i down shited to 3 gear so i pushed it home.I fixed it by kick in the gas pedal while starting the car and it ran fine after that :wtf:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts