Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so about a month ago I purchased a 2003 Spec-V in black with the upgraded Rocksford Fosgate sound system. So far I have added the following:
- Nismo Cold Air Intake System
- Strup Header/Downpipe (High Flow Catty)
- Magnaflow 2.5" Exhaust System
- Nismo Aluminum Shift Knob

Now one problem I have noticed is that my car hesitates to start at first.
Also I seem to have an irregular idling problem between 300 and 2000 rpm.
And lastly twice now while I was driving my tach gauge just shut off then randomly popped back on, once it was a couple seconds another time 10 minutes.

Are these problems easy to fix, has anyone else had these things go wrong?

And what mods would you suggest next? I was thinking energy suspension polyurethane engine mounts and then go from there.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Ok so about a month ago I purchased a 2003 Spec-V in black with the upgraded Rocksford Fosgate sound system. So far I have added the following:
- Nismo Cold Air Intake System
- Strup Header/Downpipe (High Flow Catty)
- Magnaflow 2.5" Exhaust System
- Nismo Aluminum Shift Knob

Now one problem I have noticed is that my car hesitates to start at first.
Also I seem to have an irregular idling problem between 300 and 2000 rpm.
And lastly twice now while I was driving my tach gauge just shut off then randomly popped back on, once it was a couple seconds another time 10 minutes.

Are these problems easy to fix, has anyone else had these things go wrong?

And what mods would you suggest next? I was thinking energy suspension polyurethane engine mounts and then go from there.
You car hesitating to start and the tach dieing are both symptoms of a crank position sensor going bad. You can either take it to a dealer and get it fixed under the applicable recall. OR you can change it yourself bcuz I made a how-to for it. . . How-to R&R QR CPS - B15sentra.net - Nissan Sentra Forum

As far as mods go. . . what are you're overall plans for the car?

ES MMI are a great mod no matter what your future plans are with the car

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ive heard the same problems. I REALLY want to get a '03 se-r spec v 6spd but with all these "issues" I'm just not sure...... Hope everythign works well for ya

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ive heard the same problems. I REALLY want to get a '03 se-r spec v 6spd but with all these "issues" I'm just not sure...... Hope everythign works well for ya
on the same boat as u ... out of the 4 main problems,, butterfly valve screws being loose, ignition/starting issues, precat and finally the headgasket issue...the head gasket issue is the only one you really cant do anything about... :lame:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts