Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting my new SR20DET motor put in this week and I have some questions on the parts on the car that I will be reusing.

Specs on the SR20DET Motor
EMS QI-4 Programmable Engine Managment System (ECU)
M&W PRO Ignition System
Turbonetics T04 Ball Bearing Turbo
Turbonetics Delta Waste Gate
Forged Pistons
Staged Injectors
And other goodies

Dyno Results on 25 psi and C16 Racing Fuel (113 Octane)
276kW @ RW or 370 RWHP
Didnt get the torque specs

Im just wondering how much the stock drive shaft and differential will hold. I will eventually go to a LSD rear end but for now the stock one will have to do.
Will the stock shaft hold the close to 400 HP? Same for the Rear Differential?

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
Chris90FB240sx said:
Im getting my new SR20DET motor put in this week and I have some questions on the parts on the car that I will be reusing.

Specs on the SR20DET Motor
EMS QI-4 Programmable Engine Managment System (ECU)
M&W PRO Ignition System
Turbonetics T04 Ball Bearing Turbo
Turbonetics Delta Waste Gate
Forged Pistons
Staged Injectors
And other goodies

Dyno Results on 25 psi and C16 Racing Fuel (113 Octane)
276kW @ RW or 370 RWHP
Didnt get the torque specs

Im just wondering how much the stock drive shaft and differential will hold. I will eventually go to a LSD rear end but for now the stock one will have to do.
Will the stock shaft hold the close to 400 HP? Same for the Rear Differential?
That is one wicked setup. I would defintely go with a real LSD (not VLSD) and a one-piece driveshaft if I had that setup. It's not so much a question of how much can the driveshaft hold, I just think putting 390hp of strain on the 15 year old driveshaft coupling is a terrible idea. They might even break... In any case, as for the differential, running that much power through the stock diff, IF IT CAN HANDLE IT, is like putting rags on a supermodel. How much are you going to like the beautiful whoosh of the Turbonetics Snail accompanying the maddening shred of one tire? With that many ponies, you're going to be spinning one tire through third.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OO I know Ill be spinning lol

Im gonna def get a LSD and then change the drive shaft out them. For now the car is gonna be a toy that I can get from point A to B but a little faster :rolleyes: Im gonna try to resist stomping on the pedal. :thumbup:

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
Chris90FB240sx said:
OO I know Ill be spinning lol

Im gonna def get a LSD and then change the drive shaft out them. For now the car is gonna be a toy that I can get from point A to B but a little faster :rolleyes: Im gonna try to resist stomping on the pedal. :thumbup:
Good luck. I wouldn't be able to resist! "Hey, I'm getting a new diff and D/S anyways, so what the hell..." Skreee! Whoooosh!

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
man, i was just looking at some LSD's, i think enjuku has them, or maybe it was another place, but a new driveshaft would definately be in order...now to figure out where to get one of those, i would try the yellow pages.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
KaRdoN said:
man, i was just looking at some LSD's, i think enjuku has them, or maybe it was another place, but a new driveshaft would definately be in order...now to figure out where to get one of those, i would try the yellow pages.
Fueled Performance pushes one-piece driveshafts really hard. They have them in stock or know where to get them.
www.fueledperformance.com

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts