Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IN ADDITION TO MY EARLIER QUESTION WILL I GAIN THAT MUCH FROM THE SOHC TODOHC SWAP OR SHOULD I JUST BUILD THE SOHC?

·
Registered
43 Posts
you will gain like 15 hp ... not worth it imo. if you are going to leave your engine stock.....

if you plan on getting a turbo, you can go either way because you will have to do a lot of work on both motors. its just that the dohc is the easier route, due to the fact that it has more aftermarket support. once you start rebuilding the motor, your wallet is your only limit, and there is no noticeable diff. between the two performance wise.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
slideurride said:
you will gain like 15 hp ... not worth it imo. if you are going to leave your engine stock.....

if you plan on getting a turbo, you can go either way because you will have to do a lot of work on both motors. its just that the dohc is the easier route, due to the fact that it has more aftermarket support. once you start rebuilding the motor, your wallet is your only limit, and there is no noticeable diff. between the two performance wise.
THATS KINDA WHAT I THOUGHT... I AM WEIGHING THE DIFF BETWEEN SPENDING $650.00 ON A USED ENGINE OR PUTTING THE MONEY INTO PERF PARTS FOR THE SOHC

·
Nismophiliac
1,517 Posts
my advice, save the $650.00. Save around 1300 or so, and try to find a DOHC engine for cheap, and then build it in one sweep.

·
LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
504 Posts
zellx2004 said:
my advice, save the $650.00. Save around 1300 or so, and try to find a DOHC engine for cheap, and then build it in one sweep.
x2 save save save till you gots bunches of money then start swappin

·
Registered
446 Posts
x3...save up...don't go blowing your money right aways...save up, find a dohc, build it up outside the car...then swap the built up de in and you'll be golden...

·
Registered
319 Posts
I agree with what 240luvr said. Its a lot easier to do everything outside the car, rather then buying the engine, put on a few parts, install, save up more money, take everything apart to install the new parts you just got. Basically, if you want to do this, run the shit out of your SOHC and work on your DOHC out of car. You'll thank yourself later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts