Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience/horror tales of this piece? I'm looking @ adding the Nissan OEM but am seeking advice.

BTW does anyone know why there is no dedicated Frontier page here??

TIA :cool:

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
crayb said:
Anyone have any experience/horror tales of this piece? I'm looking @ adding the Nissan OEM but am seeking advice.

BTW does anyone know why there is no dedicated Frontier page here??

TIA :cool:
FWIW, I put an ExTang on my '04.
I really like it.
It serves the purpose of keeping stuff from flying out of the bed, so I basically have a trunk.
I throw little stuff in the bed more often than large stuff (maybe 3 or 4 times in the two months I've owned it).
It snaps off/on quickly for when I do need to haul something large.
And, I like the appearance; I think it's a nice finished look.
Everyone says it'll make a MPG difference, but I haven't had it on long enough to check that, plus, I doublt it'll be a big enough difference to pay for itself anytime soon; that's assuming of course that gas prices don't go all the way to $3 or more :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jerryp58 said:
FWIW, I put an ExTang on my '04.
I really like it.
It serves the purpose of keeping stuff from flying out of the bed, so I basically have a trunk.
I throw little stuff in the bed more often than large stuff (maybe 3 or 4 times in the two months I've owned it).
It snaps off/on quickly for when I do need to haul something large.
And, I like the appearance; I think it's a nice finished look.
Everyone says it'll make a MPG difference, but I haven't had it on long enough to check that, plus, I doublt it'll be a big enough difference to pay for itself anytime soon; that's assuming of course that gas prices don't go all the way to $3 or more :rolleyes:
Thanks for the reply. Has your cover proven to be water proof?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
crayb said:
Thanks for the reply. Has your cover proven to be water proof?
I'd say yes.

I haven't tried to spray water between the tarp and the frame (the frame has a rubber gasket on the bottom where it meets the bed rails, then the tarp snaps on the frame without any seal, but it overlaps the frame pretty far); I imagine I could do that if I hit it right.
I also haven't driven in a torrential downpour.

However, I have washed the truck a couple of times and I have driven on the highway, and the truck has sat, in a good steady rain, and I have no signs of water inside. So, if it's not water-proof, it's extreemly water resistant.

All around. I'm very pleased with it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
http://www.accesscover.com/

I have one of these and i love it. Better quality than any other soft cover I've ever seen!! Check out the page. I'm super happy with mine.

Also it's water tight, When I go fishing, mudding etc I have no problems water getting in there. It has velcro all the way down both sides and the top and bottom have water tight brackets.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cryption said:
http://www.accesscover.com/

I have one of these and i love it. Better quality than any other soft cover I've ever seen!! Check out the page. I'm super happy with mine.

Also it's water tight, When I go fishing, mudding etc I have no problems water getting in there. It has velcro all the way down both sides and the top and bottom have water tight brackets.
Thanks for all the replies. I just received a 10% off any accessories from Nissan so I might go that route. According to my local dealer they quoted me a price of $300. USD so that would take it down to $270. Not too bad for an OEM part.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
crayb said:
Thanks for all the replies. I just received a 10% off any accessories from Nissan so I might go that route. According to my local dealer they quoted me a price of $300. USD so that would take it down to $270. Not too bad for an OEM part.
COOL! Don't forget to post if/when you get it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts