Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
yeah it didn't work well, lol. trid this on my girlfriends 98 sentra. EDIT: i just realized i put this in b13, force of habbit. oops. :cheers:

i was attempting the two bucket method, wherby you disconnect the hose that goes into the radiator and rout one end into and empty bucket and have the other sucking from a full bucket of clean ATF.

well, it was hard enough to disconnect the hoses...very stubborn. then i found i had the wrong size tubing (3/8" ID as opposed to 5/16" ID), but i tried it anyway. i hoped zip ties would seal it off...they didn't. a mild ATF drip and no suction.

so i got the right size tubing...but forgot to put zipties on the barbs. about 3 seconds in the hose popped off and sprayed the entre engine with ATF, and most of the garage floor.

third time i implimented zip ties. all went as planned except no suction? there was a little, but not enough to pull the ATF up from the bucket. oh well.

i ended up doing a drain and fill 3 times, i think its just as good as a flush, and i called it a night. lesson learned, just drain and fill the damn thing! lmao, it was all fun though.

BTW: it took 3 gallons of cat litter to clean up the spilled ATF, lol.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I did a similar flush recently, but instead of trying to use suction, I only disconnected one hose and just let it run for about 20 seconds and then topped off the fluid. Repeat until the fluid pumped out is a nice healthy red. Worked without any spraydowns or problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts