Nissan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...dropped by Pick-A-Part in Salem yesterday in search of the ever-elusive sway bar bolts. Didn't find what I was looking for, but I scored some other cool stuff. I got such a good deal, I had to tell everybody!

SE gauge cluster clear plastic thingie...

...power mirror switch (don't have power mirrors, but I'll come up with something to do with it)...

...A/C-less HVAC panel in perfect condition...

...SE-R cluster wiring harnesses...

...four 194 bulbs, in original blue covers...

...and a lovely white grille for a "secret project"

My brother picked up two washer pumps off an old B12 wagon, a washer reservoir off the same B12 and one off an old Geo, I think, and two door pockets off an old Subaru for use on his Cooper.

I figure that based on the condition and relative rarity of the stuff I got, we picked up a grand total of $250-$300 worth of stuff. Total cost for both of us: $20. Junkyards rule.

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
Congrats samo! :) Superb job picking out those OEM parts. I thought about doing the SE cluster swap, but never got around to it. Let me know how it turns out for you.

OT: peep my new avatar!
<-----

Prescott Forest Rally --- October 25 and 26, 2002. Will be my 3rd year in attendance! :p www.prescottforestrally.com

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice avatar - rallye oWnZ. It's actually going to be an SE-R cluster swap, since I want a higher redline and higher max speed. Or at least I want to think my car can go 150... sort of interior rice, but I like it :) . The SE cluster and wiring harness luckily fit perfectly and all the wires are correct, which is going to make the swap (other than the speedo calibration issue and the tach) a breeze. And my old clear plastic thingie was all crapped up, so a new one is always nice.

I still don't have my sway bar bolts though :( . Oh well, next time!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Yep, Turner Pick-A-Part in Salem is a great place to get parts. Glad I told you about them ;)

I got a whole wheelbarrow full of stuff for my auto to manual swap there and it was only $75. I got all the following:

1)trans crossmemeber
2)Rear engine/trans mount
3)Front engine/trans mount
4)Manual trans ECU (Didn't need, but have a spare now!)
5)Manual trans wiring harness
6)Clutch pedal and bracket
7)Manual trans brake pedal
8)Manual shifter
9)Shifter boot
10)Shifter bezel
11)Manual trans control rod
12)Manual trans support rod
13)SE-R inner tailights
14)Manual trans non-electronic speedo gear
15)Manual trans starter

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's quite a few Hondas at this one, but most are totally gutted by now. There's only one B14 though, which I though was kinda weird considering how many earlier models they have.

·
Registered
672 Posts
wow you guys are lucky. here in quebec its almost impossible to find a junkyard that would let you walk around and pick out parts:(

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
rios said:
wow you guys are lucky. here in quebec its almost impossible to find a junkyard that would let you walk around and pick out parts:(

Where are you in Quebec?? There is a good one near Ottawa. I love that place, they have about 14 B12s!!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I need to leave Louisiana, in Baton Rouge they have no decent junkyards except for like one and the guy who runs it is a real douche bag. I need to get some parts bad.

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
hey samo, you still use that sega genises? i havent played that in forever, bet its fun from time to time.

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heck yeah, Sega is the best thing evAr. It's hooked up to my stereo - Earthworm Jim on 250w is an experience all to itself :D .

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
yeah the genises was really fast grafix for a 16 bit unit. wonder what happened to sega? think they just sunk way too much money into r/d for stuff no one bought. any way this is way off topic! lol.

·
Team Serious
2,132 Posts
since you went off topic....

sega died due to the fact that sony hit them hard in 1995... the failed with saturn and then rushed dreamcast......another thing that killed sega was file sharing....every dreamcast and saturn game known to date can be downloaded and play with out the use of any type of mod chip.......

From what I hear they will be back in the game within 3 years look out for it...:D

btw is pick-a-part the name of the place?

·
Registered
139 Posts
yall r lucky man!!!!! pick a parts around here charge more than brand new haha.... they want $850 just for a manual tranny alone with nothing just the tranny and no F#%@ING warente if it dont work O well thats there motto haha:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts