Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i sold my old car (to embarrassed to say what it was) and bought a 95 Sentra with 126k on it. It is a base model car and when i say base model i mean no power steering, no radio or speakers, not even a passenger side mirror. Oh yeah, its a 5spd :thumbup: . I absolutely love this thing. Its got good power and is fun as hell to drive. I plan on doing a few little cosmetic things first but i would like to do some minor performance things to enhance my new baby. I think im gonna get some different headlight bulbs and probably tint the windows as well as a cone filter for the intake. I like the AEM dryflow. I have also heard of replacing the motor mounts with some poly ones from energy suspension. Does anyone know where to get these and how much should i expect to pay?

It has an issue when im slowing down to come to a stop the motor starts surging and when i stop it runs fine. It runs fine when driving its just as your slowing down and have the clutch pushed in. Any ideas?

Im not looking to build some big powerhouse or anything. I want a car that is fun to drive in the corners as well as the straights.

Just give me some feed back and if you have any ideas then feel free to share

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase. I recently became 1990 Sentra owner 106.000 miles 4 speed and I like it. Seems like decent power for a 1.6 compared to my previous 2.5 Dodge Spirit. Hope I get well over 200,000 miles or more out of it.

Jasper

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just love how simple this one is. Once i find a good deal on some speakers im gonna wire up the stereo. Im thinkin 5 1/2 for the doors and 6x9s for the rear

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Today i sold my old car (to embarrassed to say what it was) and bought a 95 Sentra with 126k on it. It is a base model car and when i say base model i mean no power steering, no radio or speakers, not even a passenger side mirror. Oh yeah, its a 5spd :thumbup: . I absolutely love this thing. Its got good power and is fun as hell to drive. I plan on doing a few little cosmetic things first but i would like to do some minor performance things to enhance my new baby. I think im gonna get some different headlight bulbs and probably tint the windows as well as a cone filter for the intake. I like the AEM dryflow. I have also heard of replacing the motor mounts with some poly ones from energy suspension. Does anyone know where to get these and how much should i expect to pay?

It has an issue when im slowing down to come to a stop the motor starts surging and when i stop it runs fine. It runs fine when driving its just as your slowing down and have the clutch pushed in. Any ideas?

Im not looking to build some big powerhouse or anything. I want a car that is fun to drive in the corners as well as the straights.

Just give me some feed back and if you have any ideas then feel free to share

congrats on the sentra

as far as the headlights go if you have a stock 95 headlight scrap it and buy the crystal clears and youll love it even more as far as looks and lighting performance.

ES motor mounts iirc be ready to spend around 100 bucks or so for it max dont quote me it been a while since i looked at the pricings.

some suspension works such as hyperco's or ground control springs and agx shocks work great if you cant find them eibach pro kits are next best.

if you got more questions hit me up ill do what i can to help you out

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i really like this car and im not one for street racing but i couldnt pass up the opportunity to whoop up on a honda. im driving home and this honda civic coupe pulls up and i about puked. black with red stripes all over it like a spider web and he revs his engine and i just look over and laugh so when it goes green i take off and pull 3 lengths and hold it till the next light two blocks away.

anyway score one for the Nissan

ill try to get some pictures of my baby this weekend and put them up just to show off a little :loser:

i do have one complaint about this car and it is those motor mounts. they are horrible

and some new wheels will be needed, 13s with some tall tires dont do much for handling or cornering

1 - 5 of 5 Posts