·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
myoung said:
I liked it before... :thumbup:
Before what?
The latest body work??
Yea, I was getting bored with how it was looking.
The new work will set it apart from the other B14 Sentra's, IMHO.

pimpride,
It's been almost a year and a half if you count the shop that screwed it up.

:mad:

·
Registered
210 Posts
1CLNB14 said:
Damn.....I'm still waiting!
The good news is that I should be getting it back soon.

About fuckin' time.

Pics will come soon.
I hope.

Here are a couple shots of how she use to look...

Wow, looks very sexxxy. Very bad ass! Used to loo? What does she look like now?

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
skootz1, thanks.
Stay tuned I will post pics when I get them.

Ninety-Nine SE-L said:
is it even going to resemble a B14 when it comes out of the shop?
It should.
However, it will not look like the bland, "clean" B14's that everyone seems to be in love with today.

Every body panel, other than the top of the car, will either be custom, or have some kind of work done to it.

From Syndicate fenders/hood, to a smoothed/shaved trunk lid, it will be quite a bit different. Hell, we are even cutting and shaving the VIS Omega front so that it will be custom as well.

Oh, and it won't be white anymore :fluffy:

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
That will take you out of the mild classes wont it?

Good luck with next season!

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I got the call to come pick it up. :cheers:
However, SEMA and birthdays will keep me from doing so until the weekend at the earliest.

xbrandonx said:
That will take you out of the mild classes wont it?

Good luck with next season!

Yea, I'll be in 4door wild at almost every show.
I wanted to step it up.

While I'm not doing massive HP mods, I should get a good deal of detail points for the motor/engine bay.

·
Registered
546 Posts
You know, don't take this the wrong way, but all show, no go = rice :).

Lol just teasing! Why aren't you going to do any engine mods? You should atleast go turbo, that would score you some good engine detail points.

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
pimpride said:

Lol just teasing! Why aren't you going to do any engine mods? You should atleast go turbo, that would score you some good engine detail points.

at least turbo?

Thats the mother of all performance mods.

At least do a Header and Intake, stock manifold and airbox are ugly, I would have accepted that answer.

I'm not turbo and I love the looks of my engine bay. Sure turbos look really nice, however its not a cheap thing to do.

·
F.I. Section Whore
896 Posts
pimpride said:

That muffler you have stuck on the end of your stock exhaust sure adds a lot of HP.

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
wildmane said:
That muffler you have stuck on the end of your stock exhaust sure adds a lot of HP.
YOu need to read the sticky at the top of this forum.

·
F.I. Section Whore
896 Posts
xbrandonx said:
YOu need to read the sticky at the top of this forum.
What sticky?

I don't understand? Pimpride is saying Cln should add some performance modifications to his car when Pimpride doesn't even have any himself. It's illegal to point out hypocrisy on this forum?

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Um....I already have all the basic engine bolt ons.

Injen intake
Hotshot Header
HKS Dragger exhaust - no cat :banana:

I want to get the thermal gaskets, but I don't know if those will be ready before I drop the motor back in.
I removed the A/C and upgraded to the Koyo rad.
I have an aftermarket tranny cooler.
I also plan on getting a ground kit, and maybe the U/P.

Not the most motor mods, but I don't want to spend too much money on the GA set-up.

pimpride,
Engine detail and performance are not always judged together.
I don't want to spend the $$$$ to boost the GA when I have much bigger plans for the car.

When it comes to shows, you don't get that many more points for a $5,000.00 Hotshot turbo set-up than you do a $1,000.00 nitrous set-up.
You really have to go all out to get high performace points at shows.
An SR swap with upgraded turbo/fuel/FMIC is a good way to start.

I'm so over the whole "all show, no go = rice".
Clean, well done, and even over the top body work is not rice in my opinion.
As long as it's well done, and complimented by other mods (interior work, motor mods, suspension work) I just don't see it as "rice".

Remember, these are FWD grocery getter econo-boxes we are tuning.
It's not like you can make them really fast, in my opinion.
These (GA powered 4 doors) are the types of cars that you are supposed to mod for looks as well as a little extra HP.
Again, just my opinion.

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
wildmane said:
What sticky?

I don't understand? Pimpride is saying Cln should add some performance modifications to his car when Pimpride doesn't even have any himself. It's illegal to point out hypocrisy on this forum?
Sorry, sticky at the top of the memeber's rides section.

Alot of motor work or not, still one of the best looking 4 door b14's on the board.

·
Registered
546 Posts
wildmane said:

Hmm maybe the fact that I am 15 and have no means to procure money is why I can't get any performance mods!

I like the exhaust, I think it sounds good. Not like a swarm of bees (Honda's).

1CLNB14 said:
Remember, these are FWD grocery getter econo-boxes we are tuning.
It's not like you can make them really fast, in my opinion.
These (GA powered 4 doors) are the types of cars that you are supposed to mod for looks as well as a little extra HP.
Again, just my opinion.
So a 12 second car isn't really fast? That is what I am shooting for in the next 5 years.

·
F.I. Section Whore
896 Posts
xbrandonx said:
Sorry, sticky at the top of the memeber's rides section.

Alot of motor work or not, still one of the best looking 4 door b14's on the board.
Wow, pay attention, my reply wasn't directed at 1clnb14 at all. Hence why I quoted pimpride.

Pimpride, just saying before you go criticize someone else's ride, be sure that you aren't tripping over yourself with hypocrisy.

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
pimpride said:
Hmm maybe the fact that I am 15 and have no means to procure money is why I can't get any performance mods!

So a 12 second car isn't really fast? That is what I am shooting for in the next 5 years.
yes, and I'm shooting to win the lottery, some things just don't happen.

Where did you hear his exhaust at anyways?

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
pimpride said:
No, not really...
Some people might consider a 12 second car really fast.
I don't.

I understand the feeling of acomplishment that a person feels when they take a slow car and make it much more than it was ever meant to be. I think it's great, and it keeps the industry moving.
Am I impressed by the SR's and GA's that some of the owners on this board and others have built or are building? Hell yea I am!
At the same time, if I wanted a really fast car a FWD 4 banger would not be my first choice.
The older turbo AWD Eagle Talon/Mitsu Eclipse would be a better starting point for a fast 4 banger.
Again, my opinion.

I'll start a new thread next week when I get some new pics.

·
World Rally Blue Sentra
354 Posts
pimpride said:

Why make the sentra a 12 second car when you have a 2007 Saleen TT?

Oh and to be on topic 1CLNB14 I look foward to seeing your car, definitely one of the inspirations to my ride.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts