Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello a newbie here. I have a 94 Pathfinder I have had this for several years now, and the problem is in cold weather. When it's cold outside like 30's-40's when I crank it up and drive I get this aweful smell of gas in the cabin. Once it warms up the smell goes away. I have been unable to locate where the gas is coming from, cant find any leaks. I never have this problem thru the summer monhts, only when it gets cold. And I mean the fumes will overrun you they are so bad. I'm wondering if maybe a fuel line is expanding when it's cold causing fuel to leak, then once it gets hot it's sealing back. Maybe a loose clamp somewhere? Anybody ever had this problem? Man I need a fix before I blow up! Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No not yet. I am going to look at the lines off the fuel filter and also where it goes to the injector rail. Just seems to me a clamp must be loose and the line is expanding when cold, the contracting back when warm. So I'm going to look in those two areas to start with. I guess it could be maybe an injector problem, maybe an o-ring or something where it goes into the injector rail, but I'm hoping for a loose clamp. Thanks for the reply, I'll post back once I check. BTW... would an exhaust leak cause this? Only in the winter? thanks again

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was it. Thanks OldNissanGuy... I went out and looked when I first started it up and it was leaking at the hose that goes to the injector rail, tightend it up, problem solved. matter of fact I tightend all the house clamps I could see. But I seen gas actually running out of this one. So problem solved, thanks for your help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts