Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if SMC is still in business. I am planning on getting SS brake lines and rear disk brake adapter bracket for B14 Sentra.

Thank you

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Steve Christensen the owner of SMC, has taken a job with Nissan Motorsports where he will be helping with the Nismo program.

KVR and fastbrakes.com will be good suppliers of brake stuff for our cars.

Mike

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike for that update. I saw the big brake kit from fastbrakes.com . Will that kit fit 15" rims? (Rota Subzero in particular).

So will any one carry rear brakes bracket for drum/disk conversion?
Also what about front/rear brake lines? no more SMC.. so Goodridge? I noticed that fastbrakes.com have front SS lines. What about rear?

I know I should just email them with my questions, but since this is a forum, I'll ask here too :)

Thanks

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
morepower2 said:

There is not enough side clearance on those wheels.

Mike
so if one wanted to use 15" wheels with that kit, the offset should be smaller (towards 0) then stock B14 15" rim offset, which is what 38 or 40...

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
By Nature said:

so if one wanted to use 15" wheels with that kit, the offset should be smaller (towards 0) then stock B14 15" rim offset, which is what 38 or 40...
It depends on caliper to wheel spoke clearance more than anything. I know 15" TE37's clear.

Mike

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll stick with my AD22VF brakes then, since I don't want to go over 15"

So Mike, anyword on where to get rear caliper adapter or rear SS lines? Or is it back to swapping in SE-R rear axles? Do you think it's safe to use Goodridge lines? I know you talked something about their fittings are not 100% safe, but given that there isn't much alternative left, what do you think?

Thank you

·
Platinum
462 Posts
If my 15" SE-R wheels don't fit, I'm going to make them fit! haha..i know... I already have 17" wheels on my car, but I still need to use 15" wheels during winter. It snowes a lot up here in Utah :(

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
myoung said:

Different Mike, but I can tell you I'm working on that one... I'll let you guys know as soon as I have an answer...

other Mike
HAHA, thanks other Mike. I have emailed fastbrakes.com by the way. Here is their response from Brian Hasty:
Sergey,

I don't have a disc conversion package for the Sentra, I hope to get to it in the next few months. The brake lines would have to be custom made for the rear caliper set-up...

MikeY are you working on the kit with the same people? If yes, then we can start encouraging people to show their interest.

·
B13 Owner since 90
134 Posts
If anyone still needs SMC ss lines,
i think Greg Vogel still stocks them at Mossy Nissan 760-720-9797

Tevs

1 - 16 of 16 Posts