Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya,

Had my left-side mirror smashed by parties unknown. Dammit! In addition to the glass, some of the internal plastic was snapped (where the mirror assembly connects to the outside housing), and the housing itself sits a little funny (but seems fairly solid). The power servo part checks out ok.

I think with some epoxy and reassembly I can get the guts put back together, but I'll definitely need to have the glass replaced. My questions: does anyone know if I can just get the glass or other subparts, or will I need to get the whole assembly? Is the power mirror part the same for the 200SX AND the SE-R? And how big a pain is it to get at the screws to remove the mirror housing from the door? I haven't really been inside the door panel, so don't know what I'd be getting into...

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
205 Posts
If you look at the front corner of the door (at the bottom of the window) you'll see a black plastic triangular piece. that just pops right off (no screws, can pull it off with your hands just be firm and don't yank it). Behind there if I remember right is the screws to the mirror. I cannot remember if the wires come through there or not, I pulled mine off once out of curiousity so wasn't really looking for things like that but that should at least give you a start at where to look. Plus it might be easier to fix it with the mirror removed from the door and if it's like other parts on cars the wiring is probably connected via a plug either in the door or inside the mirror. I hope that gives you some room to start working on it.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually replaced my driver's side mirror due to vandalism a few years back. I believe I removed the whole door side panel (not a big job) to get at the cable connector that the new mirror assembly had to plug into. Remember that there are many plastic screws that need to be removed to get the door panel off. Have some extras handy in case they break or get stripped. The mirror assembly was about $120 Canadian.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts