Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2011 Nissan Murano had a sudden acceleration problem yesterday .....It seems there is delay in acceleration from Stop to 30-40KM/hr therefore it pickup really well. Have gone to the nearest Mechanic, he tuned up my vehicle with all the new filters, spark plugs thereafter the problem exists.
He cleaned the catalyst converter and rest the vehicle as well but there is no improvement ....There is no engine light indicator and no error code detected and fuel economy is really high somewhere 20KM/hr .....The mechanic himself is not sure of the real problem and have raised his hand ...

Please help to advise if anyone have come across this issue or have recommendation for further actions to needed on this...Thanking you

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
On a Murano, you should check the intake boot on the Throttle Body side to make sure it hasn't slipped loose from the TB. Very common on '14-down models and often won't cause any codes. If that's secure then 07PathfinderNISMO is probably right, sounds like a slipping-and-grabbing CVT.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My 2011 Nissan Murano had a sudden acceleration problem yesterday .....It seems there is delay in acceleration from Stop to 30-40KM/hr therefore it pickup really well. Have gone to the nearest Mechanic, he tuned up my vehicle with all the new filters, spark plugs thereafter the problem exists.
He cleaned the catalyst converter and rest the vehicle as well but there is no improvement ....There is no engine light indicator and no error code detected and fuel economy is really high somewhere 20KM/hr .....The mechanic himself is not sure of the real problem and have raised his hand ...

Please help to advise if anyone have come across this issue or have recommendation for further actions to needed on this...Thanking you
Please check your mass airflow senser (MAS). It is the one giving a wrong information to the control unit.
Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts