Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got my valves adjusted on monday and I must admit, the car is a lot quieter ( except that damn tick comes back sometimes ). One thing I have noticed since they were adjusted was that when the car is at idle ( < 1000rpm ) the car tends to stumble a little bit. Ive got a tach on the car and I can see the RPM's dip down slightly and if you're standing outside the car you can hear it. Sometimes it's quite bad where you can feel the car shake a bit sometimes it's barely noticeable. Anyone have an idea as to what's causing this?

Marc

·
M-Unit Racing
627 Posts
Something tells me that either you are slightly off time or you might need a slight tune up. I had a 95 Mazda MX-3 that did the same thing until I noticed a brown spot on one of my wires where an arc was forming. It quit after replacing the wires. Just check your wires at night and see it you see a spark. If you dont...take the wires off and inspect them for a brown spot. If you dont see such a thing..your timing might be off. Im not sure that might be the case though. I am more on an ignition problem. When have you done a tune up?

·
Registered
87 Posts
my car did the same thing until i replace the idle air control solenoid , stopped for like 2 months , i just readjusted my tps the other night and now it does it again

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, cap and rotor are replaced.. still does it a bit... computer didnt throw a code (but i did disconnect one of the harnesses by accident before reading the codes :| ) ... anyways, could they have adjusted the valves too much and overtightened them a little bit?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts